Funny Lables in the walk-in

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by chicago chef, Feb 2, 2011.

1. chicago chef

chicago chef

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Just wondering what funny things you have seen on labels in the walk-in, or anywhere else in your kitchen. The other day i was going through the walk-in trying to find some bleu cheese, and was having a hard time, until i noticed the container labeled "Bloochies" and found what i was looking for.

2. gunnar

gunnar

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    nope  no funny labels...did have a guy that was starting as a prep that had no idea what he was doing. I sent him into the walk-in for some parsnips he came back saying we didn't have any...i said  there is a new 50lb bag of them in there, right next to the carrots. He said "oh, you mean the white carrots? I was looking for the white beet things."/img/vbsmilies/smilies/rolleyes.gif

3. jellly

jellly

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    I have seen many, my favorite was the rhubarb.  Once it was labeled "Red Celery", which is at least descriptive, but after my chef tried to explain the name, it later was labeled "RuPaul".

4. gunnar

gunnar

Exp:
    Professional Chef

Rhubarb the transvestite celery. lol.

corey gatto likes this.
  5. stl243

stl243

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    " 'mator paste"

thats about it.  turns out we were low on labels and really short on masking tape.

6. chefgord

chefgord

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Butt Chix-butterflied chicken

Grimlock-garlic

Ass-asiago

7. highlander01

highlander01

Exp:
    Other
    We once had a salesman rename FUdge CaKe at the registers which also renamed it on the customers ticket .... take the upper case letters and I think you will get the idea  /img/vbsmilies/smilies/crazy.gif

8. allium

allium

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Ball syrup - balsamic syrup

(Anything that can be turned into a phallic reference while still being recognizably labeled, will be turned into a phallic reference.)

My favorite was seeing a box of urinal cakes with the following scrawled upon it: "Cherry-flavored breath mints."

9. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Those are good guys!

I have seen

John Wayne  - Western Mix

Let's Elope  - sliced canteloupe

Hammy Hamster - julienned ham

Nothing as funny as the urinal cakes but I'm sure my time will come...LOL

10. foodpump

foodpump

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Ahh...

...but have you ever stuffed a urinal cake (pina colada comes to mind...) down the a/c vent in the girls changeroom?

11. jeffreyag

jeffreyag

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Our demi-glace has become demi moore glace...

12. warba

warba

Exp:
    Former Chef
    We had a "clever" FOH supervisor change all the waitstaff's names on the squirrel pos terminals to match their "personalities". Most were just funny "binky, fluffoid, fancy boy", etc. but one unfortunate gal got a reference to her being, well, let's just say a "fun and very enthusiastic date".

FOH supervisor didn't quite think through that these names would print on customer checks. He got spanked.

13. junglist

junglist

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    My chef has some marinade labelled 'goo' in our walk-in. That's the name in her recipe book too...

We have 'butt squash' for our butternut squash.

One time one of our chefs used way too much salt in a mixture for meatballs and cooked them all without making a 'taster' first. For a while we had a container of meatballs labelled 'salty balls'.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  14. knife4hire

knife4hire

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I once got in trouble a long time ago for labelling some old smelly cheese "stinky Ass Cheese''. Our morning prep person mistook the label thinking it was Asiago and shredded up the entire wheel. Turns out that cheese WASN"T asiago and it WASN'T supposed to be shredded. wooops. haha. 

I have also seen A bucket of Mire Poix labeled "mirror pwah"

and a pan of airline breasts labeled "chicken boobs"

I've seen many other funny labels, but those are the first ones I could think of. 

15. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef

Uhm well I am a girl so  NO!!  Mind you it would be fun to do in the boys changeroom.. it can only improve the odour in there...

16. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I actually have a recipe for "Mud" from my sister in law.  In my file I call it "mary's mud" and it's actually quite tasty and good on buns with a side salad

17. neilybhoy

neilybhoy

Exp:
    Line Cook
    best thing i saw out front was when the GM decided to label all the cutlery boxes, forks, knifes, soup spoons, sundae spoons, etc. we changed forks to tuesday forks. didnt realise for weeks

in the kitchen always "semis" for sun-blushed tomatoes, "baby moo" for veal and "bawz" for meatballs, "sex mash" when you make good mash

18. chef friese

chef friese

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Got lots of them

balsamic- ballsack

jus -  jews

pork jus - pig jus

duck confit- duk confee

hollandays

Once I sent a kid to the cooler for mushrooms and he said we are out all we have are shit takes , will they work?

19. oh ...oh my ummmmyeha

20. i go in to a walk in and there lies a buckey labled chix tities lol