Funnel cakes

Discussion in 'Professional Pastry Chefs' started by w.debord, Jul 1, 2001.

1. w.debord

w.debord

We have a large 4th of July party at my work every year. Gourmet is definately out....this is a picnic style event. I'm going to make funnel cakes (just one of many items) this year for the first time. I can't say I've ever even eaten them at a fair before and I've certainly never made them either. But there always has to be a first time for everything.

I have a recipe from my mother (a pro chef) but I was hoping someone else might have a source where they've seen it published so I could cross reference it? I can't think of one cookbook where I've seen it...

Any feed back would be helpful, thanks.

2. mudbug

mudbug

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
  3. w.debord

w.debord

Thank-you!! :D

4. spoons

spoons

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    W.Debord,
    Love your cake on the other side.
    Nice work.

5. w.debord

w.debord

Hey, Spoons whats your name there? Cool...other people visiting too?

thanks.

6. spoons

spoons

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    WDB
    I don't really post,more of a lurker. :eek:

7. w.debord

w.debord

Too bad, I wish you would, it always makes things more interesting when more people particapte.

Is it a fear factor? I've read people write that we are brutal, but I dissagree. Unforunately one person can make it appear that way at times..... but, a heated debate is fun sometimes it feels like it sharpens my brain, others find it uncomfortable./?*

I like the honesty, brutal or not.

8. isa

isa

Where is the other side?

9. spoons

spoons

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    WDebord,
    Not a fear factor,maybe an ignoring factor. Or, posting something, then not getting a response. I try to help, what I know.Been thru culinary school.I'm a cake designer. Know lots of cake things.
    Tried to give some pointers to Angry.Her cake was purdy. Seems like Panini is the only "cake" person.
    Yeah, I lurk and like to read all the heated debates. Very interesting. Maybe you'll see me around. I'll just dive on in. Thanks Wendy.

10. mofo1

mofo1

Iza,
    "The other side" is webfoodpros.com. It is kind of the anti-thesis of this site. The debates can get quite heated and sometimes downright nasty. I pretty much gave up on it but go to laugh once in awhile.