Fun Bread?

Joined Aug 14, 2000
Anyone bakinging any fun breads these days? I started playing with Pita yesterday. Pretty easy and very tasty.

Joined Aug 4, 2000
I've begun to add 2 TBSP of dill seed to my standard bread recipe. Ain't heard complaints from anyone.

Joined May 29, 1999
Port soaked fruit focaccia with pear reduction, sea salt and walnut oil.

Add a cheese platter and voila!

in regular and whole wheat.

can you say yum?

I knew you could!
:bounce:

Joined Mar 7, 2001
I do pita with sesame seeds yummy and a dill pickle bread( and hamburger bun) Stone ground mustard and fresh garlic bread, cottage cheese and dill biscuits, still having a great time with the croissants hoping to try some savory fillings in them soon.

Joined Aug 14, 2000
I actually made a fruit focaccia not long ago. Mind you it did not benefit from a port reduction and while the pears were inexpensive, I'm not sure they qualified as a reduction :) I think the combination of fruit/sweet and bread/savory is ineteresting. At the same time as I made the fruit focaccia I made berry fougasse, which began life as a focaccia dough.

Joined Nov 3, 2002
I always wanted to try a sour dough base with puff pastry inside the sour dough,maybe it does exsist,i am always trying things like this...hehe..

Joined Aug 14, 2000
Puff pastry inside meaning entirely enveloped or exposed in the middle? Either way, it sounds interesting.

Anyone have an opinion on 100% white whole wheat flour? Is most of the whole wheat on the market from red wheat? KA Markets "100% White Whole Wheat". I boought a bag and did a little experimenting. Pretty tasty, but I'm not sure my plate is sophisticated enough to tell the difference.

Joined Nov 27, 2001
I am not a bread master but I am starting to put my list together for stuffed breads for the holidays. I have loyal fans who like my pepperoni and sausage breads but I was thinking about something a little more exotic this year. Pesto and Pine nuts? Olive? Blue Cheese and walnuts? Anybody with some interesting suggestions?

Top Bottom