Chef Forum banner

Frustrated and exasperated.....

5K views 33 replies 10 participants last post by  mgm0 
#1 ·
I just spent ten minutes writing a 4 sentence response to a thread.

There were pop ups blocking my screen, my screen shifted constantly so I couldn’t see what I was writing, my text was lagging and then would surge, took me forever to review and then post.

Kinda like a cross between an army obstacle course and coitus interruptus. Frustrating to say the least.

I don’t know, I used to post multiple times a week here, I guess this is one of the reasons I’m slowing down.

#11 ·
Never really “got it” with phones...

My fingertips are aprox 3/8” square and do not end in a conical, pencil tip-like ends.

Keys on the phone are aprox 3/32” square and very flat, the slightest pressure near the border of this 3/32” square results in the next key or keys being depressed. Of course by then auto correct takes over and second guesses —wrongly, what’ve you’re trying to spell, and you have to start all over again.

Just don’t get it....

#13 ·
Never really "got it" with phones...

My fingertips are aprox 3/8" square and do not end in a conical, pencil tip-like ends.

Keys on the phone are aprox 3/32" square and very flat, the slightest pressure near the border of this 3/32" square results in the next key or keys being depressed. Of course by then auto correct takes over and second guesses -wrongly, what've you're trying to spell, and you have to start all over again.

Just don't get it....
You can literally customize all of that just ask a younger person to aid you.

#26 ·
I do not like using the phone and when you hit your 50's believe it is frustrating because you can't see the screen very well. Thanks for the update on the tablet it seems like this is a common thing. I visit ChefTalk almost exclusively on my desktop with a keyboard I do not use the ipad or phone. In general I find the web experience on mobile and tablets to be slower. @foodpump thanks for the info I will relay this to the team.

#29 ·
Ha! I'm 74 and I don't consider myself a Luddite. I'm old enough to know how it was and I can tell you that new doesn't always mean improved. More than likely it's only making someone or some corporation lots of money because they are good at making people think they have to have it.

So don't knock it unless you've been there to see how it used to be.

#30 ·
Hey All this thread is to help us understand bugs in the system not to talk about someone's age. Lets stick to the topic otherwise it became a pain for us to find out the details or the issue.

@foodpump I believe safari updated recently if you updated that coupled with the age of your ipad may be a factor. Small tip I have learned and not just from ChefTalk. If you are typing anything that matters which is more than a few sentences do so in a document that so that you can re-post it if something happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.