Frustrated and exasperated.....

Joined Oct 10, 2005
I just spent ten minutes writing a 4 sentence response to a thread.

There were pop ups blocking my screen, my screen shifted constantly so I couldn’t see what I was writing, my text was lagging and then would surge, took me forever to review and then post.

Kinda like a cross between an army obstacle course and coitus interruptus. Frustrating to say the least.

I don’t know, I used to post multiple times a week here, I guess this is one of the reasons I’m slowing down.

Joined Mar 1, 2017
You can probably fix that with a simple ad blocker and perhaps a different web browser. What browser do you use?

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
foodpump foodpump can you please provide us with details such as

• mobile or desktop
  • browser and version
  • mac or windows
  • anything else that would be helpful?

Joined Oct 10, 2005
Hi Nicky,
Tablet( I pad)
Safari ( can’t seem to find out what version this one is, but it’s about 4 years old.

Thanks

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
I get that same behavior on my android tablet and phone, a Samsung S5e and Moto G Stylus respectively, using Firefox.

Joined Oct 10, 2005
Never really “got it” with phones...

My fingertips are aprox 3/8” square and do not end in a conical, pencil tip-like ends.

Keys on the phone are aprox 3/32” square and very flat, the slightest pressure near the border of this 3/32” square results in the next key or keys being depressed. Of course by then auto correct takes over and second guesses —wrongly, what’ve you’re trying to spell, and you have to start all over again.

Just don’t get it....

Joined Jan 8, 2010
I use a phone (moto g) and firefox. Recently I am inundated with ads and can't even see what I type

Joined May 1, 2019

My fingertips are aprox 3/8” square and do not end in a conical, pencil tip-like ends.

Keys on the phone are aprox 3/32” square and very flat, the slightest pressure near the border of this 3/32” square results in the next key or keys being depressed. Of course by then auto correct takes over and second guesses —wrongly, what’ve you’re trying to spell, and you have to start all over again.

Just don’t get it....
You can literally customize all of that just ask a younger person to aid you.

Joined Mar 1, 2017
So, no one has heard of ad blockers for your browsers, including phone browsers? C'mon.....Im 3 years older than dirt and even I know about ad blockers. :)

Joined Sep 17, 2018
So, no one has heard of ad blockers for your browsers, including phone browsers? C'mon.....Im 3 years older than dirt and even I know about ad blockers. :)
Honestly never had a need for them. Web browsers usually come with a pop up blocker automatically so I never looked deeper.

Joined May 25, 2015

Just don’t get it....
If you never grew up with a computer and had a phone stuck in your hand by your parents to keep you quiet at an early age you think that's how life is supposed to be.

Nothing to do with age, we just know that a phone is a poor excuse for doing what you would use a computer or at least a full size tablet for.

Joined Sep 17, 2018
If you never grew up with a computer and had a phone stuck in your hand by your parents to keep you quiet at an early age you think that's how life is supposed to be.

Nothing to do with age, we just know that a phone is a poor excuse for doing what you would use a computer or at least a full size tablet for.
I can still remember a time when the internet didn't exist.

Joined Oct 10, 2005
You can literally customize all of that just ask a younger person to aid you.
Maybe... but it’s a 4 yr old p.o.s. with the memory of a goldfish. That said, the one thing it does well is phone calls, which is what I want it for in the first place.

So, phones for phoning, and tablets and real keyboards for writing. Has a certain logic to it, yes?

Latest posts

Top Bottom