French Laundry Californian

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by pompeyams, Jun 22, 2001.

1. pompeyams

pompeyams

:) Hi all me from uk again i,ve just read a brilliant artical in the english catering weekly magazine about the french laundry restaurant in californian just wondering if anyones eaten there would love to know what its like happy cooking pompeyams

2. kimmie

kimmie

Hi,

You will find some reviews here

and here

For a taste of the food from the UK, the book is excellent and should be thrilling for a fellow chef!

njoy

3. pompeyams

pompeyams

cheers for that sounds great like restaurant el bulli in spain if ever I visit the states it sounds a must bye for now :)

4. seattledeb

seattledeb

I've only been to the FL once, and our party of four enjoyed it.

5. seattledeb

seattledeb

half.com has the French Laundry (Keller) cookbook for $38.00, probably comes from Jessica's Biscuits, most cookbooks I've ordered from half have come from there.

6. pompeyams

pompeyams

Hey britcook where you working im just down from you in sussex . Have you eaten at the fat duck it gets raved about by all my chef mates food sounds great but im more a joyce molineaux, simon hopkinson . alistair little fan REAL FOOD what you into

7. pompeyams

pompeyams

britcook we must have some mutail friends im sure nice to speak to a fellow brit whats your thoughts on London I like Assaggi, Moro and my mates place The Anglesea Arms when he,s off the sherbet Lindsay House was the last restaurant I visited up the smoke Very nice good bloke aswell

8. pompeyams

pompeyams

Shaun Hill nice bloke where you staying MR Underhills you should try Hibiscus as well some of my customers said it was very good Gidleighs been good for a long time hope you got plenty of money you should pop down a bit further and try a new restaurant called the Abbey in Penzance just a plug for a mate good cook worked all over but doing it for himself now Happy eating

9. qjwin

qjwin

I ate recently at the French Laundry in Napa Valley and can tell you it was possibly the most accomplished and impressive restaurant meal I have ever had. I ate with two other chefs..We had EACH of us, a 21 course tasting menu (different for each). I know of no other restaurant that comes close to the level of perfectionism, the sheer ambition of the French Laundry--absolutely extraordinary. My friends at the table a 3 star NYT chef and 4 star NYT chef were both equally blown away. There's noone else out there like Keller ..ANTHONY BOURDAIN

10. pompeyams

pompeyams

Hi ,
    NO one seems to have a bad word about the french laundry whats the best in New York Ive got union square cook book food looks great Have you eaten at charlie palmers place ?

11. risa

risa

I knew I had read something bad about French Laundry somewhere else on this website and here it is: French Laundry

If the link doesn't work, it's under "Inside Scoop" and the post is "Greystone".

12. kimmie

kimmie

Our British friends will also learn if they click here how to make a reservation at The French Laundry!!

:eek:

[ June 29, 2001: Message edited by: Kimmie ]

13. pompeyams

pompeyams

Read Kitchen confidential when it first came out very good book still like Jeffrey Steingartens book better there are lots of good cookery story books about but good reads like elizabeth david and richard olney are still my favourite bed time reads my gastronomy by nico ladenis is an all time favourite or independent cook by the late jeremy round happy cooking one and all pompeyams