French Dinner menu from school

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by cape chef, Jun 5, 2005.

1. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Centre Des Arts Culinaires
    Menu Degustation Des Vin Regionnaux Francais
    Le 3 Juin 2005

Pithivier De Legumes Mediterraneen, Olives Taggaisca, Coulis de Tomate
    Mediterranean Vegetable Pithivier with Black Taggiasca Olives and Tomato Syrup

Duo De Confit De Canard Et Ris De Veau, Salade Frisee, Lardons, Echalotte Confite, Vinaigrette Tiede A L’ Huile De Pepin De Raisin
    Panache of Duck Confit and Veal Sweet Breads, Warm Salad of Baby Frisse Lettuce, Bacon Lardon, Preserved Shallots, Ver jus-Grapeseed Oil Vinaigrette

Sorbet Au Basilic, Zeste De Citron Confit Et Sirop Au Pamplemousse
    Candied Meyer Lemon, Fresh Basil Sorbet, Muscovado Grapefruit Sugar

Sole De Douvres Pochee Au Noilly-Prat, Lentilles Du Puy Et Salsifis, Salpicon De Homard, Beurre A La Truffe Blance
    Vermouth Poached Dover Sole, Lentil Du Puy, Salsify, Lobster-White Truffle Beurre Blanc

Souffle Au Chocolat Amer Et Liqueur De Chambord, Crème Anglaise
    Bittersweet Chocolate Chambord Souffle, Crème Anglaise

Chef Brad Stabinsky, Chef William Paternoster,Assisted by Student Chefs

We are often asked about the appropriateness of gratuities at our dining events.
    Gratuities are appropriate and are shared by members of the volunteer wait-staff

2. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - - - that sounds beautiful. :lips: Any chance for photos?

How many guests, and how many students worked on it? What wines?

Brad, they are lucky to have you. :smiles:

3. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thanks Suzanne,

I love doing these events.

We had 78 guests,12 FOH students and 10 BOH students.

We started with a Dry Rose from Provence Ch De Mourgoud, Then a Gigondas for the Panache,Cuvee M with the Sorbet,A Sanccere with the Dover Sole and an Estifagem Madeira with the Soufflé.

3 students on the Pithiviar,3 on the panache,3 on the sole and two on the petite pains,fresh butter, intermezzo and soufflé's

I took some photo's I will up link tomorrow.

I love my job!! :lips: :chef:

Edit to add, we have 3 very large state of the art kitchens that I delegate the courses out of.

4. redace1960

redace1960

honey, don't do this to me so early in the day!!!!!!!!!!!
    i wish i were your student!
    you will, of course, be posting ALL the recipes, right? 'specially that first course! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

5. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    LOL,

The Pithiviar is pretty complex.

But well worth the effort.

3 days ahead you make the confit of tomato by blanching, peeling and seeded super ripe Roma's, then you cut them in fourths, drizzle with evoo, bruised French thyme,crushed garlic and Fleur DE sel and oven dry them for 5 hours, cool and cover for 3 days.

To make the syrup, you blanch and peel, seed some more Roma's,place in a sautior with whole basil leaves more crushed garlic and a little evoo and simmer for only five minutes to retain the freshness. Then pass through a tammi and reserve. Then take some confit, evoo and tomato water and simmer for five minutes, pass through a tammi and combine with first tomatoes, add slivered taggiasca olives and adjust seasoning.

Next make your Pate Fiuellitee and keep well chilled.
    Next make your tapinade,zucchini ribbons,roast red and green bells. Each item needs to be perfectly cut into rounds, then you build your layers in a pastry mold starting with the confit tomatoes, then tapinade, then ribbons, then tapinade, then green bells, then tapinade, then red bells, then remove the mold. I make these in a oiled inverted sheet pan for easy moving with a pastry knife. Them roll out your fuillettie, cut into rounds larger than your stacks, scallop the base and carefully place your stack in the center, egg wash the base, then cut a round of fuellette 3 times larger then the base and with a pairing knife score the top with the traditional pithviar scallops. egg wash and cover and chill. Preheat oven to 425 F, egg wash, and fire for ten minutes, then bring down the temp to 350 and bake 6 minutes more. Sauté baby zucchini with blossom (These were from Israel and were beautiful). Place 2 oz tomato syrup at 2 O'Clock, cut the pithiviar in half to expose the stack,place at 5 O'Clock, and garnish with the blossom and Fleur DE sel.

6. redace1960

redace1960

oh my god i am so going to make that! and the only things i don't grow are the olive products. i can't wait! thank you!
    cape chef-the fifth beatle!