Freezing cookies

Joined Dec 1, 2015
Hi all, I just need a show of hands, yes of no?

I don't need any tips, techniques etc.

Got all that but what I am curious is how many of you would freeze cookies made on the 19th for the 25th.

Thanks!

Joined Jun 27, 2012
Depends on the cookie.

I can bake and freeze my cookie cutter sugar/shortbread cookies (naked as RI tends to pull moisture and then bleed if frozen) for a couple of months if vacuum sealed.

Most of my other recipes will freeze well in the dough state.

I like everything to be freshly baked and there is no way around it sooooo pulling the frozen dough to the fridge today and starting the baking first thing tomorrow.

My sugar cookies are as big as my head lol ;-) so thinking of just one shape this year.

Tree or Santa Hat?

mimi

Joined Apr 24, 2011

Depends on the cookie.

I can bake and freeze my cookie cutter sugar/shortbread cookies (naked as RI tends to pull moisture and then bleed if frozen) for a couple of months if vacuum sealed.

Most of my other recipes will freeze well in the dough state.

I like everything to be freshly baked and there is no way around it sooooo pulling the frozen dough to the fridge today and starting the baking first thing tomorrow.

My sugar cookies are as big as my head lol ;-) so thinking of just one shape this year.

Tree or Santa Hat?

mimi
Mimi, 

I tried using the Food Saver on my baked cookies and

it sucked out too much air and the were crushed /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smiles.gif  

I was reading somewhere to wrap each cookie in 

plastic wrap and then into a container, then into the deep freeze, but...

that's WAY too much work for me when I'm making

dozens and dozens of cookies at a time  /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smoking.gif

Joined Jun 27, 2012
I started baking last nite and couldn't get much sleep (damn leg cramps!) but wanted to clue you re the FoodSaver.

To keep everything inside intact just pull enuf air out to collapse the bag a bit.

The material does a better job of staying shut than the ziplocks and I know when I open it the contents won't smell like fish lol.

Happy baking!

mimi

Last edited:
Joined Sep 18, 2015

I started baking last nite and couldn't get much sleep (damn leg cramps!) but wanted to clue you re the FoodSaver.

To keep everything inside intact just pull enuf air out to collapse the bag a bit.

The material does a better job of staying shut than the ziplocks and I know when I open it the contents won't smell like fish lol.

Happy baking!

mimi
I do that, too. I also sometimes put a piece of cardboard in the bag to help protect fragile items (cookies, pancakes, etc.)

Food Saver is essential in my kitchen and is not a gadget!

Joined Apr 24, 2011

Happy baking!

mimi
How do I make the FoodSaver not pull too much air?  There's no "control" on my machine, just a "seal" and "vacuum" button... 

and I LOVE IT!  Every trip to Costco is followed by a session with my FoodSaver to put away 

all of the meats that we buy in bulk.

Joined Feb 17, 2010
Hit the seal button when you suck out the amount of air you want, don't wait for it to complete it's cycle.

Joined Jun 27, 2012
I have to admit the FS is one of the gadgets I am not allowed to touch.

Like a glue gun I burn myself every time I touch it (once hotglued a seashell to my palm lol ;) so asked the fisherman and he said what @chefbuba  said.

He ground and packaged 50 lbs assorted beef cuts yesterday (ended up with a lot of brisket/chuck burger for around $4 per lb) and packed what he could around the last of the fish and stuck the rest in the small reefer freezer.

The Grands love burger so it won't last long but we are set for a bit.

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/thumb.gif

mimi

(The cardboard trick is brilliant.... thanx Annie :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom