Fort Wayne Indiana?

Discussion in 'Restaurant Reviews' started by kuan, Feb 21, 2005.

1. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Anyone have any recommendations?

2. kuan

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Cummon people please? I'm beggin you.

3. lavender

lavender

Oh, check out The Mill. It's a bakery where they hand-mill all their grains, and boy, does it make a difference! Walk in, (there are several locations) order a cappucino (or whatever suits your fancy), and they will give you a huge slice of bread free (with anything you buy). Then slather it with the softened butter. Excellent! All of their types of bread are great....

There's Eddie Merlot's, a steak place that's pretty decent, and Casa Ristorante for Italian (their salad is great, but, be forewarned, some think it is over-dressed). I could go for some of their salad right now! That and one of their raspberry iced teas...

I can't think of anything else right now. If I do, I'll let you know. When are you leaving?

4. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Kuan, it might be interesting to see if Ft. Wayne has some local specialty. For instance, Racine, WI has kringle (Danish coffee cake) that's rarely found elsewhere; some parts of Indiana are famous for wonderful fried pork tenderloin sandwiches.

Pull out a map and see if any of the places listed under "Indiana" are near Fort Wayne at Road Food . Take a look at Jane and Michael Stern's book, Road Food. Go to Amazon.com and type in "Road Food" in a book search; you'll get a lot of "hits" on the site. Try some sites used by people who camp or use RVs. If you or someone you know belongs to an auto club, try their publications.

Chin up, my friend. We'll find something yet! :bounce:

Mezz

5. kuan

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Thank you Lavender! Thank you Mezz. :)

Oh believe me I will be searching high and low. I will be there May 2nd until I don't know when. A long time!