Former sauce cook from Connecticut

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by saucier, May 11, 2011.

1. saucier

Hello Chefs and Foodies!

Although I have a background in professional cooking...graduated from the Connecticut Culinary Institute in 1999 and cooked in restaurants for 7 years...I am joining for the comunity and company here. I started out at a cold station cook, then worked my way to grill and then to saucier. I left the business (Amen!) when I married and started a family. Although I still love food and flavors, I'll never go back to the business. As a mom, there's no room in my life for it, nor would I trade an evening playing with my kids or helping them do homework for the restaurant life again. But I am looking forward to chilling and talking about and sharing food stories and recipes with the members here!

(My avatar is Mexican pizza with jalapenos, black beans, seasoned ground beef and sour cream)
  2. ishbel

Hello and welcome to Cheftalk.

We have members from around the globe and all levels of culinary skill,from 'I can't boil water' to masterchefs - and all points in between!  The wikis, blogs, reviews, articles and photography on the site are well worth viewing.  Feel free to join in on any thread you find interesting or start your own in the relevant forum.  The professional fora are read-only for those of us who are not currently employed in any of the culinary trades/professions.

I hope to see you around the boards.