Former Ritz Carlton Chef

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by chefcarvin, Jun 27, 2011.

1. chefcarvin

Hey guys.  My name is Don Carvin and I would like to introduce myself to everyone.  I just recently left the Ritz Carlton Reynolds Plantation to accept an Executive Chef postition at a new restaurant on Lake Oconee,  GA. call The Smokehouse Restaurant.  We are going to introduce St. Louis style bbq with a finer culinary quality to the lake area.  I am bringing the concept of affordable dining with a fine dining touch.  I want to show the community that the Ritz Carlton quality doesn't have to hide behind the doors of the hotel.  Any advice and feedback would be greatly apprectiated as this will be my first attempt at putting my name out there with a private restaurant.  I am all to familiar with the trial and tribulations of opening a restaurant.  So I am excited at the opportunity to apply what I have learned from all of my mistakes from Calvin's American Grill which Calvin Clark and I opened in 2006 in Warner Robins, GA.  We made it two years until the doors closed in 2009.  So I have been waiting three years to redeem myself.  Anyway, I am happy to be here and look forward to getting to know all of you.  Talk to ya soon

Chef Don Carvin
  2. mezzaluna

Welcome to Chef Talk, Chef Carvin.

Our members come from all over the world, all areas of the food industry. Some of us are home cooks (like I am). We all discuss, learn, share and have some fun here, and we hope you will, too. Keep in mind this site is more than only a discussion forum. We have cooking articles, equipment reviews, wikis, photos and more. I look forward to your contributions to the site.

Good luck in your new venture!