For you mushroom, cheese, and spinach lovers!

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by chinds85, Apr 15, 2005.

1. chinds85

chinds85

I discovered these two particular dishes through my own experimentation. Now, I have not attended culinary school (though I plan to), so if you have any criticisms let me know. Any commentary is welcome.

Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms

I saute' spinach and red/yellow bell peppers in butter and salt/pepper to taste. I then scoop out the portabella gills and brush with olive oil, and then lay them on a cookie sheet. I mound the saute'd spinash on top of the mushrooms and coat with mozarella cheese and then bake until the cheese is golden-brown. It can be an appetizer, side, or a meal in itself!

Interesting Appeteizer

You will probably notice some greek influence here. I take green olives and dice them finely and add olive oil and oregano to them, to my taste. I then take slices of french bread and spread bree on them and place a mound of the diced olives on top. The last time I served it to a group of friends they really enjoy it. Thoughts?

Another Accident in the Kitchen

I was hungry one day and the food selection was limited, so I took some spinach (seeing as it is my favorite vegetable) and saute'd it in butter, adding some dashes of salt and pepper. I then placed a dollop of sour cream into the skillet and mixed it in until the spinach had a creamy color. Finally I compulsively added several shakes of yellow curry powder. I took this creation and placed it on toasted english muffins. This adventure had a happy and delicious ending.

So... those are my contributions. I recommend that you food enthusiasts try them sometime and give me feedback if you like. Also, if there is anything about these recipes that screams to be fixed, please let me know. I'm always looking to improve.

2. markv

markv

Chris:

Each year for my cooking column I do a piece on hors d'oeuvres at Christmas time.

I like your spinach stuffed mushrooms although I might augment it by doing a lot of button mushrooms as opposed to the portobello caps, since the small ones would be more suitable for an hors d'oeuvre.

Could I use your recipe in my article? Naturally I will credit you accordingly.

What city/state is the Blue Door Cafe?

Mark

3. chinds85

chinds85

You can use the recipe. I don't mind. The Blue Door Cafe is located in Sherman, Texas. It has a reputation for the finest cuisine in the county, and won the "White Tablecloth Award" for Grayson County as best restaurant in the Texoma area. Also, famous chefs have visited the establishment and quite enjoyed themselves (though I have not had the honor of cooking for a famous chef as of yet). Sherman is very close to the Dallas metroplex, if you need a reference.