Foodie on a Mission

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by sazon, Jun 15, 2011.

1. sazon

sazon

Exp:
    Home Chef
    Hello, everyone!  This is my first post and Introduction to the forum.

The majority of my academic and career focus until now has been in the area of Psychology and Counseling.  It was throughout the years of my young adult life in pursuit of advancement in this field that I discovered my great passion for the culinary art and culture.  My father attended the Culinary Institute of America in New York and my mother hails from Taiwan.  I have been immersed in a diverse, gourmet-friendly environment from the day I was born.  But because of my career focus in counseling, I have never been able to get involved in professional cooking, baking or pastry making beyond my personal kitchen.

My fiance and I are taking a major leap of faith and are embarking on a journey to establish our own private catering business.  He believes in me, and my confidence in myself I think will develop more as time goes on.  I am excited to be able to follow my true passion in food.  What I hope to gain out of this forum is the wisdom and knowledge from others who have experienced much more than I have.  I also am grateful for any means of support that others might be willing to provide, as my great leap of faith is not necessarily understood or supported by all of my loved ones.

I look forward to what I can learn here and being able to connect with fellow foodies.  /img/vbsmilies/smilies/chef.gif   Thanks so much!

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to Chef Talk, Sazon. You'll find may people here who've switched careers into cooking- and many going the other way, too. Everyone's perspective is welcome!

We hope you explore the entire site: cooking articles, equipment and book reviews, etc. You're welcome to read all forums, but those of us who are not (yet) professional must not post in the professionals' forums. You are, however, encouraged to post in the appropriate general forum. If you have questions about how the discussion boards work, please don't hesitate to ask any moderator (such as I).

You're very fortunate to have a parent in a culinary profession; you're less likely to have "pie-in-the-sky" ideas about the business. I bet you heard all about sore feet, burns, cuts....Still, a passion is a passion!

I hope we see you here often to read, learn and share. Good luck with your endeavor!

Regards,

Mezzaluna