Food + words + Valentine's day

Joined Apr 19, 2001
How about some romantic food quotes for V-day:

"Your words are my food, your breath my wine. You are everything to me." - Sarah Bernhardt

"Your love is better than chocolate." - Sarah McLachlan

"You cannot touch love - but you feel the sweetness that it pours into everything". - Oliver Wendell Holmes

"We are made for loving; all the sweets of living are for those that love." - Edward Fitzgerald

Joined Jul 31, 2000
The pleasure of love is in the loving, We are happier in the passion we feel than in that we arouse.
Rochefoucauld.

At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.
Plato.

The perfect lover is the one who turns into a pizza at 4:00AM
Charles pierce.

There's nothing a woman could do in bed that could possibly, in a million years, make her feel as quilty as eating four Clark bars
Judith Viost.

In the limitless desert of love, senual pleasure has an ardent but very small place, so incandescent that at first one sees nothing else
Colette.

Joined Apr 19, 2001
Hey, CC, wasn't slamming your quotes at all! Just thought I'd throw in ..........ummmmm - some lighter thoughts!

"You're the cream in my coffee!"

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Hey, Marmalady...I know, No problem. Just having some fun;)

A day without wine, is like a day without sunshine :smiles: :crazy:

Joined Apr 30, 2001
This is my theme song:

"Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all."
Harriet Van Horne

and adding:

"It seems to me that our three basic needs, for food and security and love, are so mixed and mingled and entwined that we cannot straightly think of one without the others. So it happens that when I write of hunger, I am really writing about love and the hunger for it, and warmth and the love of it and the hunger for it; and then the warmth and richness and fine reality of hunger satisfied; and it is all one."
M. F. K. Fisher, The Art of Eating

btw, loved your quotes guys!

Joined Jul 24, 2001
OMG Peachcreek are you the recarnation of the original Athenaeus????

He has said that too :)
I can post you this in ancient Greek:

Beltiston estin tin tou erotos texnin es mageireion therapevein, tes de tehnas tis gastros es klinin eromenis :cool:

Sine vinum nulla Venus, Virgilii =
Without wine there is no love

"Come on, give me a break, my meatball " Me, to my husband :D

Joined Oct 27, 2001
A calypso song from the Bahamas (no i can't remember the rest of the words, or the singer or the name of the song:blush: )
You're the sugar in my tea

Top Bottom