Chef Forum banner

Food Software Needed?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  chefandrewl 
#1 ·
Hello All,

Not sure if this is a right place to ask this question. If not, please let me know and I will move the post.

I have been in the tech industry for over a decade and moved to food industry about 1.5 years ago. I currently run a small restaurant of my own. In this time I found a bunch of needed software missing or if available, it's too expensive. Here are a few things I wish was available at an affordable price:

1. End to end food costing - basically take in the recipe, the produce/meat receipt, the order sales data and calculate food cost (accounting for food waste as well).
2. Suggest/validate item pricing - based on food cost, and employee cost to build each dish, suggest if the item price is correct to keep the business profitable.
2. Inventory management - based on inventory purchased, and sales data, generate on a weekly/ monthly basis - what I should reorder and what my current inventory should be so that I can watch out for theft.

Are these some of the things anyone of you thought was missing and needed? Or is there something else that's not available and you would have loved to have to simplify operations.

Looking to hear your thoughts and planning to use my tech knowledge to build the needed software.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.