Food sabotage

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by gunnar, Feb 6, 2010.

1. gunnar

gunnar

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    IN A couple of threads around here people have mentioned not sending food back for fear of it getting "tainted" on its way back to the table. I have heard some stories and seen stuff on tv but honestly no matter how wronged I felt, I never "tainted" anyones food. I have never seen a co-worker taint food and quite frankly would go off on anyone who did. Anyone here actually see a co-worker taint food?

2. dc sunshine

dc sunshine

Exp:
    Other
    Once. But she was chef and I was kitchen donkey, so what could I say?. But I felt it was justified, and it wasn't all that bad what she did - it wouldn't have made him ill or anything. It was for the KM, BTW, a real arrogant so-and-so, and she'd had enough of his rubbish to be driven to it, especially on that night. Normally, she was very well behaved :) I don't know if you could actually call it "tainted" as such, just mistreated :D. Ok, she stomped on his steak :lol:

3. ed buchanan

ed buchanan

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    Never in over 48 years. I have years ago, seen things dropped and used.

4. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    That's called tenderizing, right:eek:

5. dc sunshine

dc sunshine

Exp:
    Other
    Pretty much, Phil. It was on her back if it ever became an issue, but he was such a drunkard he wouldn't have known what it was he was eating. Got in at 11am, straight to the bar downstairs, stayed there all day till he had his din dins, then stumbled off home to bed. No love lost between him and the kitchen, I stayed a year as chef was teaching me to cook, she was a great instructress, and she was a good friend. Didn't want to let her down. I don't agree with what she did. It happened.