Food on the Radio

Joined Jul 24, 2001
My new toy is a cable modem! Civilization arrived to Athens!

I profit from the high speed of my connection by listening to foreign radio stations.( difficult to get over my bad habits ;) )

Last Sunday I heard to Channel 4 of BBC Radio a program about Food so this makes me think.

Do you know any other Food-programs that broadcast on line?

Thanks.

Joined Aug 29, 2000
I don't know if it's broadcast on line, but Minnesota Public Radio has "The Splendid Table". It's carried on various National Public Radio affiliates. I enjoy that when I can listen to it. Here's the site: http://www.splendidtable.org/

My classroom is in the middle of a steel-framed school, so I can't get good radio reception. I do enjoy getting streaming audio during my preparation/work times. Mostly, I'm an NPR junkie.

Joined Dec 12, 2000
Well. me and my crazy ideas, one time, I thought it would be cool to run a cooking show on the college radio station, something where a recipe could be prepared while describing what was happening, but people I talked to thought I was, well, just crazy.

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Granted, the listeners would have to be people who can read or hear recipes, yet be able to taste the product without even the ingredients being in the room! That is a true niche audience.

Top Bottom