flour tortillas

Joined May 8, 2009
I have adopted a huge case of 8" gordita shells. 

I'm not completely sure of the nomenclature, but I think it means

"if you try to deep fry, they will assplode".

8 inch; just small enough to make a sad burrito; too big to make a fish taco.

What the hell am I going to do with these things?

All I can think of is enchiladas, which I probably can't do here. 

And even if I did and they sold well, I'd have 3/4 of a case left.

It's a gross.

All I can think of is free chips and salsa for bar customers; take it in the shorts.

Joined Oct 2, 2010
I use them to clean my fridge and make quesadillas. Any left-over combo is possible as long as there's cheese in it.

I can imagine you making a more elaborated pro-version served on a nice salad?

Joined Jun 17, 2011
For quesadillas, lightly brush the outside with olive oil and sprinkle with salt before throwing them on the griddle. You'll end up with a crunchy, crispy crust that dramatically improves them and takes virtually no additional time. I also make half-quesadillas with a single, folded-in-half tortilla instead of a two whole ones as pictured above -- mainly because it's so easy to stick a spatula under the curved edge and flip along the fold without any risk of even the slightest amount of filling falling out. Cut into wedges with a pizza slicer and serve with a fresh dipping sauce.

Joined Jun 14, 2011
What you do is spread shredded cheese over one, broil it for about 25 - 30 seconds just to melt the cheese, then you wrap that around a hardshell taco filled with all the goodness of taco night. Double decker taco. I love those.

Joined Jul 28, 2001
Chris,

I think I would use them to clean before calling that a quesadilla/img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif

Lips,

The crispy salted quesadilla are popular bar food here. Sells lots of Shiner./img/vbsmilies/smilies/drinkbeer.gif

Chris, what was that/img/vbsmilies/smilies/confused.gif

Joined Jun 14, 2002
Panini, I think he's European. El no sabe nada acerca de la comida raza.

I'm a little confused here. Gorditas are very thick corn tortillas that you griddle till crisp, split em like an English muffin and make a sandwich out of them.

OK, now that I look up the stuff online, they make wheat flour gorditas in northern Mexico. Same principle.

Why not do something like that?

Joined May 8, 2009
I use them to clean my fridge...
I can't envision an upscale version...  mental block.
What you do is spread shredded cheese over one, broil it for about 25 - 30 seconds just to melt the cheese, then you wrap that around a hardshell taco filled with all the goodness of taco night. Double decker taco. I love those.
Ala Taco Bell.  You're speaking my language, but I can't sell something like that to my clientele.

I would, however, eat at least two of those a day if left unsupervised.
Freeze in stacks, they freeze very well.
If only I had the freezer space...  I'd save it for later.   :(

I'm a little confused here. Gorditas are very thick corn tortillas that you griddle till crisp, split em like an English muffin and make a sandwich out of them.
These ain't those.  They're like, double thickness four tortillas.  I use them at home to make gross food when I'm home and starving (eg. drunk).

Peanut butter rubbed gordita shells, lightly warmed in a "microwave" oven, with "store bought" Cholula or Tapatio garnish.  Served on a "stonewear" plate with a fork.  -$10

I dunno, thinking about just heading to the mission.

I didn't order them.  I've been "cleaning kitchen" with leftovers from other people's eff ups.

If I do a quesadilla, I'd have to order in cheese ($$$$$) just for that dish.

Flautos wont work; they just assplode (tried it).

Aww well, thanks for the advices.

I'm gonna feed them to bums I think; need to volunteer some time anyways -get rid of some guilt.

---I MEAN, I'm going to donate it to the less fortunate, because it's the right thing to do!  And I'm a good person!

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/drinkbeer.gif

---I MEAN

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

[Edit]: Panini, haven't you heard of the new rage in Europe?  Haricot vert, Cheddar, and prosciutto quesadilla?  Thought you kept up on trends...

Last edited:
Joined Feb 8, 2009
Aww well, thanks for the advices.

I'm gonna feed them to bums I think; need to volunteer some time anyways -get rid of some guilt.

---I MEAN, I'm going to donate it to the less fortunate, because it's the right thing to do!  And I'm a good person!  

Wow..............

Joined Jul 28, 2001
oh my

Chris, My bad.  Brain Fart!

I got you now. I thought you were going to use them as sponges to clean the fridge./img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif

We get upscale with them. We use them like a bellini with texas caviar on New Years.

We also break out our guns and fire them into the air!

Top Bottom