Fish, chicken, beef or pork. Oh My!!!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by laquetha, Mar 8, 2006.

1. laquetha

laquetha

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hello All,

I am a mother of a 3yr old and 2 yr old. I am lucky that I get to stay at home and be Mom.

I am a poor cook. But once I've cooked something 20 times, I do get good at it. Problem is, by the 15th time, I don't even want to look at it.

Good thing my children like to eat the same thing over and over again. My hubby. I guess he feels lucky that I cooked that night instead of ordering out or opening something boxed or canned.

I love to experiment, but hate to follow instructions. I'm looking for hearty meals, hopefully easy to fix and child friendly.

Thanks,
    Lily

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hi Lily and welcome to Chef Talk. The home cooks (like me) and the professionals here can give you some ideas about expanding your home menus.

I'm a "dash of this, pinch of that" cook myself, but when it comes to following the recipe for the first time, I do- carefully. After that, I tweak and alter as my tastebuds (and my husband's) require.

We've got recipes, cookbook reviews and articles as well as plenty of places on this board for a home cook to explore. The search button will help you see if we've already discussed a topic you're interested in, so don't miss that!

Enjoy, Lily!
    Mezzaluna