First Time

Joined Sep 18, 2008
Well, I presume this is a "homework assignment", correct?

Google will give you several sources as will:
  • "Food Lover's Companion", by Sharon Tyler Herbst;
  • "Complete Techniques", by Jacques Pépin
Now, if it is NOT a homework assignment, post again and I'm sure we can help you discover the answer.

Joined Jul 31, 2000
It all depends if you want to insert or enrobe. To lard is not to bard. When you discover what to lard means, please share some examples.

Joined Feb 1, 2007
They're half joshing with you, Stundent 123. But it's understandable.

Larding is such a basic culinary term than even your regular dictionary can tell you what it is. This tells them that #1. you've made no real effort to discover what the word means, and #2. as professional chefs they see no reason to waste time on answering because of #1.

The point is, while you may be a student, it doesn't seem that you're very serious about it.

Joined Feb 1, 2007
In a fit of nothing better to do this morning I googled "larding." On the first page alone there are 7 entries dealing with its definition. Googling "definition of larding" there are ten entries on the first page alone.

Not exactly an obtuse culinary technique.

Joined Feb 1, 2007
Turns out, a lot of the hits are not terribly useful.

Really? I clicked on the first four, is all, and they were spot on. Didn't see any need to go further.

Joined Aug 6, 2010
Does anyone do this anymore? It seems that, even though taste would be increased, so would the calorie intake. I think that todays health conscious society would frown upon putting extra fat in meat?

Latest posts

Top Bottom