First time here...

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by erik johansen, Sep 19, 2005.

1. erik johansen

erik johansen

Hey there, I'm a chef in Orange county, NY, writing in to say my first hello. So here it is - Hello. How did I do?

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Nice to meet you, Erik. What's your menu like?

Make yourself at home here. Don't miss the great articles and reviews at the main Chef Talk site. There's something for everyone.

Enjoy the forums! We'll look forward to your posts.

Regards,
    Mezzaluna

3. cook-jetto

cook-jetto

yo.

Happy staying here

4. erik johansen

erik johansen

I've had some more time to cruise the site here...great job. I will definitely be posting here more often.

I'm a partner/chef in a fine country dining restaurant right now. There are a lot of great local farms to supply us - especially this time of year. One could say we are Modern American using local ingredients based on French cooking techniques.
    I recently took on a consulting job at another fine dining restaurant (as if I'm not busy enough - what the **** though). The new restaurant was in the past Asian American Fusion (as much as I've gotten over the whole fusion thing). Really nicely done place with sushi bar, separate room for parties, great lounge area. We are continuing with the Asian twist. I've been at this new venture for about a month and it's been a very different creative avenue for me. I wouldn't put mangoes on the menu at the other restaurant but they are right at home in the new place. Two very distinct feels. I'm sure people here know what I'm talking about. Any input or past experiences would be much appreciated - or maybe I should move this to a new area in the forum?

Once again, great site. I'll be here more often. Cheers :beer: