First post

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by guy habanero, Feb 1, 2005.

1. guy habanero

guy habanero

Exp:
    Other
    Hello; glad I found you all.

I found this forum while looking for cast-iron cooking tips. I am a graphic artist by profession. I have acquired a passion for cooking in recent years, and I definitely see it as a form of art. As my screen name would suggest, I love to experiment with spicy foods, and am rarely satisfied with the level of "excitement" in restaurant fare (especially here in northeast Wisconsin!).

Thanks and best wishes to everyone!

2. ma facon

ma facon

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Welcome Guy, We have alot of members here from Wisconsin what part of the state do you live in ?

3. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    There's a couple of good Yahoo cast iron groups. Go to groups.yahoo.com and sign up for the "Dutch Oven Cooking" group. Also check www.idos.com. Camp Chef has an outdoorsy forum, mostly about cooking, but it's VERY slow. Maybe you can spice it up. iliveoutdoors.com/forum/

And if you like heat, you need to get the catalog from mohotta.com.

Phil

4. guy habanero

guy habanero

Exp:
    Other
    Appleton since 1990, originally from Ohio.

Hey, thanks for the Mohotta link. I've already got quite a collection of hot sauces going, but I keep coming back to the smoky chipotle in various forms.

[may take me a little while to get my posts/replies in order; unfamiliar with this particular board. I, too, would like to know if I can customize an avatar.]

5. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hey Guy! Hello from Pewaukee. Appleton is sometimes thought of as a pretty straight-laced part of the state, but I'll bet you know where to get some pretty tasty Latin food around the Fox Valley area. :bounce:

We're glad you found this great site, and hope you make yourself at home here. Several others have asked about custom avatars; maybe somebody who knows about them can post something. You might try the Late Night Cafe forum.

By the way, when I read your clever screen name I immediately thought of "Guy Cabiero (sp?) from SCTV. :D

Welcome!
    Mezzaluna