Finding stencils

Joined Mar 6, 2001
For my christmas desserts I'm going with Dana's idea. A wedge of Rose Levy B's chocolate oblivion torte standing up like a christmas tree. I'm looking for a star stencil for tuiles to stick into the top and not seeing any in my catalogs.

JBPrince seems to have the most selection, but I didn't see stars. Yes, I could cut my own but I've always had to do that with cardboard because I have'nt found a big enough sheet of thick plastic to use. And of course the cardboard isn't ideal and won't last the whole season.

Anyone have a lead or a source for stencils?

TIA!

Joined Mar 7, 2001
There is a company right here in Green Lake Laser works I believe. They make stencil-aire stensils for air brushing....In fact the founder of this company used to own a bakery in the building that I run my bakery in. The phone number is 920 294 6544

Joined Mar 6, 2001
Wow snakelady, that's an interesting lead. I'll call them after work today!

Thank-you Svadhisthana, I have ordered from that company. They have really great prices. But after more thought I think I want to make something very custom.

Joined Nov 27, 2001
If you don't find one ready made- I use the plastic folders that you get at Office Depot a lot for stencils and templates. Flexible but They hold up well.

Joined Mar 6, 2001
I found something that should work, from the office suppy store. It's a clear thin flexible plastic that meant to cover your desk top, so it's the size of a full sheet pan.

Now I have to find the time to cut them......

Top Bottom