Finally!!!!

Joined Dec 8, 1999
After 6 long, long months of unemployment, I finally landed a job today!!! I'll be sous chef for a local chain called Sidney's Pizza Cafe. It features pastas, rotisserie chicken and pizza baked in a wood-burning oven. It also pays better than the job I was laid off from and has more opportunity for moving up. I'm pretty psyched!

Thanks to everybody who's given support; it is much appreciated!

Joined Aug 29, 2000
The business should realize how lucky they are. Congratulations! Here's wishing you good things to come! :beer:

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
Congratulations Greg!

I am thrilled for you Greg and I am sure you'll be very happy at Sidney's!

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Dear Greg,

You know how I feel about this.

I'm thrilled for you and wish you succees.

May the wind always be on your back.

Brad

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
Greg,

I did not know! Wow... all this time I thought you were still at the old place. I must have missed something. Congratulations on the new job!

Kuan

Joined Jul 3, 2002
Yea!!!!!!!!!
This is wonderful news. What a great way to end/start a year.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Joined Nov 20, 2000
Congratulations on the new job Greg. We wish you all the best for now and the future. Hope everything goes great for you.
Happy Holidays!

Joined Dec 8, 1999
Thanks everyone! To add to my good mood, I just found out that a good friend of mine took a promotion he'd been offered and is now in his first executive chef position at a Tournament Player's Club. The only bad part is he had to move to Michigan; now I've got to find a new drinking buddy. :cry:

Joined Dec 8, 1999
We're located in a mall, so it's been crazy busy. We've been doing around 200-250 covers just for lunch. It should be dropping off a little soon, though. Peachcreek stopped in and all I could spare was about 5 minutes to talk to he annd his wife, then it was back to the chaos.

I'm still undecided about whether or not this is a place I want to stay long-term. 6am is a bit early for me, there's no creativity involved and I have some issues with the expediting system (actually, a lack thereof) they use on the line. It pays reasonably well, so I'll give it a chance for awhile.

Joined May 26, 2001
Sounds like you could develop an expo system, and if it works well in your store, maybe corporate would listen. :confused:

All the best for the New Year!

Joined Nov 10, 2001
Greg,belated congratulations on the new post,it`s about time someone recognised you have lots to offer.I totally agree with Suzanne about you developing an expo system.If they fail to act on it,well,that`s their loss.
As for the lack of creativity,isn`t there any room for some input or is the company set in it`s ways? The last thing you need is mediocrity,you`re too gifted for that! I hope that someone comes up with a better offer for you fairly soon,within a year anyway.
BTW,isn`t a "drinking buddy" someone who helps you to carry out some primary research on customer/staff relations?
I`d like to think of it as a spot of social interacting.:D

Best wishes,Leo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom