Finally registered!!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by wayde, Aug 3, 2010.

1. wayde

wayde

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Hello all,

I have been reading all of your wonderful posts and finally joined.

I did not know what to list myself, so I just went with line cook. I have been professionally cooking for the past 5 years. I was a stone mason and had to go out of business (silly housing market). So a good friend has a gastro pub and he need some help on Fridays, thus I started to cook for money.

Now I smoke all the meats at a BB-Q joint Monday - Friday days, and 2 nights a week I work the line. Sat.and Sun. I cook at the same pub I started with 5 years ago.

And... I get to bake cheesecakes for more cash. I started this 3 months ago and I am in 11 local restaurants. Thank goodness my wife knows how to bake the cakes or I would have lost a client or 2.

I am happy to be here,

Wayde

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hi Wayde! Welcome to Chef Talk. It sounds like you've done a good job of piecing together a varied cooking career. If you've been lurking for a bit, you know about all the great aspects of the site: forums, wikis, articles, reviews.... enough to make you late for work.

We hope you'll participate in the community and hope to see you often.

Regards,

Mezzaluna

3. wayde01

wayde01

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Ty Mezz,

I mistyped my email oops. So now I am really finally registered. Good thing I am a better cook than computer guy./img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif