Finally got a Yank in the kitchen

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Those of you in North America will be happy to know that Britain is still an equal opportunity employer. Case in point, I've just employed a great American Chef named Sara Milano who graduated CIA and is here in Cambridge for 3 years (her husband is a research fellow at the University).

It's been 17 years since I worked in the states and it's refreshing to have a new chef with such a 'can do' attitude. Sara has knocked out some great dishes this month (which is evident from the pic's on my food blog).

So a big thank you to all my American cousins for letting one good chef slip away!

(and God save the Queen)lol!

:peace::peace::peace:

Joined Apr 3, 2008
sounds like you got a good one, best of luck to her and cheers to you:beer:

Joined Sep 2, 2009
hey Pem, I hope your not talking like those Britts.....don't forget your roots...LOL ...Must be nice to have someone with an American accent.....and don't worry I'm keeping a good handle on things here in LO for ya....Do you have any plans to come visit the states????

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Hi Fry, not to fear, I still have a twang to my accent; Sara is doing great and she fits in well with my Australian, Polish, English, Romanian and Jamaican chefs:chef:We have all types here in the UK.

I've no plans to return to Oregon this year; I promised my Spanish wife that we'd hit Barcelona this summer and drive down the Med to Valencia and see her folks. Should be fun!
:peace:

Joined Sep 2, 2009
man, your kinda the united nations of the food industry....LOL....... I'd take Spain over Oregon any day of the week!!!!

stay cool
fryguy

Latest posts

Top Bottom