Finally got a Yank in the kitchen

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by pembroke, Feb 3, 2010.

1. pembroke

pembroke

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Those of you in North America will be happy to know that Britain is still an equal opportunity employer. Case in point, I've just employed a great American Chef named Sara Milano who graduated CIA and is here in Cambridge for 3 years (her husband is a research fellow at the University).

It's been 17 years since I worked in the states and it's refreshing to have a new chef with such a 'can do' attitude. Sara has knocked out some great dishes this month (which is evident from the pic's on my food blog).

So a big thank you to all my American cousins for letting one good chef slip away!

(and God save the Queen)lol!

:peace::peace::peace:

2. gunnar

gunnar

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    sounds like you got a good one, best of luck to her and cheers to you:beer:

3. fryguy

fryguy

Exp:
    Sous Chef
    hey Pem, I hope your not talking like those Britts.....don't forget your roots...LOL ...Must be nice to have someone with an American accent.....and don't worry I'm keeping a good handle on things here in LO for ya....Do you have any plans to come visit the states????

4. pembroke

pembroke

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi Fry, not to fear, I still have a twang to my accent; Sara is doing great and she fits in well with my Australian, Polish, English, Romanian and Jamaican chefs:chef:We have all types here in the UK.

I've no plans to return to Oregon this year; I promised my Spanish wife that we'd hit Barcelona this summer and drive down the Med to Valencia and see her folks. Should be fun!
    :peace:

5. fryguy

fryguy

Exp:
    Sous Chef
    man, your kinda the united nations of the food industry....LOL....... I'd take Spain over Oregon any day of the week!!!!

stay cool
    fryguy