Favourate Music of the Chefs??

Joined Sep 25, 2000
I like all kinds of music like; blues, hard rock, oldies, classical, and others. I like bands like; Led Zep, VH, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Buddy holly, Marvin Gay, Bach, Chapin, Rancid, Biohazard, and my two favourate bands; Alice in Chains and Red Hot Chili Peppers.
What are some of your favourates?

[This message has been edited by Chef David Simpson (edited 10-27-2000).]

Joined Aug 8, 2000
Tons!!
Eric Dolphy, Mingus, Trane, Sun Ra, Bobby Hutchison, Andrew Hill, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Rollins Band, Bob Marley, Ghazal, Hindu Devotional Music, Buena Vista Social Club, Hamza El Din, Macy Gray, Spearhead, Lauryn Hill, Ella Fitzgerald, ARETHA!!!, Ondekoza, Henryk Gorecki, Haydn, Hank Williams, Emmylou Harris, Curtis Mayfield, Roxy Music, Led Zeppelin, Radio Tarifa, Me'shell NdegeOcello, Fleetwood Mac, Fugazi, Trouble Funk, Leonard Cohen, Allman Bros., Ben Harper, Oum Khalsoum...
I'll stop now...

Joined Dec 8, 1999
Neil Young, Santana, Allman Bros., John Hiatt, J.J. Cale, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Big Head Todd, Robert Earl Keen Jr., Rusted Root, Natalie Merchant, Bonnie Raitt, John Prine, Tom Rush, Marvin Gaye, SRV, Grateful Dead, Morphine, Johnny Cash, Otis Redding, Doc Watson, and a little known guy from New Orleans, my friend Les Moore (but definitely not Styx!!
)

[This message has been edited by Greg (edited 10-28-2000).]

Joined Mar 4, 2000
My favorite is LIVE. I never get sick of them.

I also like Pink Floyd (esp. Dark Side of the Moon), Chris Cornell and Soundgarden, Tool, This Mortal Coil, Portishead, Rickie Lee Jones, Elton John, Tool, Alejandro Fernandez, Joe Jackson, Elvis Costello.

What does this mean, Doc? Am I schizophrenic?

Joined Aug 21, 2000
METALLICA, JIMMY BUFFET, THE OUTFIELD!

Also Clapton, Van Morrison, AC/DC, **** Yankees, Nugent, Merle Haggard, The Stones,
Dr. John, John Lee Hooker, Nightranger(?!), Low & Sweet Orchestra (obscure, but cool pop Hooks), Prince, Robert Cray, Louis Armstrong, Harry Connick Jr., Toad T.W.S., Whitesnake.

That's what is in my CD case today. I rotate through a lot of CD's, but I ALWAYS have the first three at arms length.

Needless to say, My co-workers can't figure me out!

Joined Jul 31, 2000
From the Allman Brothers to Frank Zappa.
Jazz,Classical, Blues. Right know the Marshall Tucker Band is playing Fire on the Mountain and it still sounds Great, In 75 I saw Led Zepplin in madison Square garden and I was forever hooked. I also have two Daughters 10 and 6 so Back street boys Insync brittany Spears also get there share of air time, back in the seventies and eighties I listened to a lot of Fusion like Al Dimeola,Jean luc Ponty,John Mcglaclin and Mahiviscnu Orchesta (sp?)I have always loved Jeff Beck,Claptin

Joined Sep 25, 2000
Some of these bands I can relate to, but some I never heard of like, Eric Dolphy, mingus, rusted Root, This Mortel Coil, and some others. If some of you have the time would you please fell me in.

Joined Oct 6, 2001
Depends on what mood youre going for -
I loved This Mortal Coil and Dokken. For a while in there it was Bad Brains and Screaming Trees. For relaxing, I love Bob Dylan, Nat King Cole and Ella Fitzgerald. I miss my They Might be Giants - I wore out the tape and can't find the CD...I have to admit I like the Cowboy Junkies, Dixie Chicks.

Pecan the cat loves Frank Sinatra--she will come running up to the speakers and stares as he sings; on the other hand Leanne Rimes makes her flee from the room (as did our guests singing happy birthday the other morning...

Joined Oct 6, 2001
Oh yes - a little Helen Reddy can be good for the soul. And it's amazing the bonding that can go on while undergoing a multigenerational roadtrip..

Joined May 29, 1999
Tom Waits,They Might Be Giants, Eno, Chet Baker, Rufus Wanright, Radio Head, Cibo Matto, Van Morrison, Talking Heads, Tom tom club, Mingus, Jill Sobil, KD Lang, Amii Mann, Monk, The Troggs, Zappa, Bach, Bec, Abba, Colmen, Miles Davis, Billy Bragg, Wilco, Natalie Merchant, Woody Guthrey, to be continued......................

Joined Aug 8, 2000
Eric Dolphy and Charles Mingus are jazz musicians. Dolphy plays sax and other reed instruments and Mingus plays the bass. Dolphy played with a lot of greats--Trane, Andrew Hill, Oliver Nelson. So has Mingus...I think they might have even played together. They both have some great albums according to the Penguin Guide to Jazz.

Who is Rusted Root? I like This Mortal Coil; had a copied tape, don't know what album.

Joined Dec 8, 1999
Rusted Root is a band out of Pittsburgh, they usually get pigeon-holed as "world beat"; African influences, lots of percussion. One song of theirs did get some radio play, called "Send Me On My Way".

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001
Most anything except country, rap, and hip-hop. Some of my favorites right now are Cherry Poppin' Daddies, Big Bad Vodoo Daddy, KMFDM, Front 242, Orbital, Orb, Pink Floyd, Tony Bennett, Peter Gaberial (sp?), Alice in Chains, and Mighty mighty Bosstones. But these are only a few.

Joined May 29, 1999
There was a thread on the subject of music in the kitchen, you may want to check it out.
This lists could go on forever...........
Bowie, Beatles, Elvis, Mel Torme, Frank, Tony, Bobby Daren, Al Green, Chef, Joni, Bonnie Rait, Ella, Joe Williams, Judy Garland................

Joined Sep 25, 2000
The Beatles are a good group but I don't own any albums, CD's of them. I'm not into that kind of music. And Elvis has left the building!!!!
Does any one like Iron Maidens' new album "Brave New World" I love it!!!

Joined Sep 28, 1999
PHISH! PHISH! PHISH!

After that, Radiohead, Morphine, Green Day, Moe, God Street Wine, Tom Waits.

And I do like the new Iron Maiden album...

Joined Jul 31, 2000
chrose,Welcome to cheftalk.nice to have you here. I share the same music interest as you.But I don't play guitar. But I play a mean air guiter ,don't forget Al dimeola,alan hollsworth,adrian balow(I'm a terrible speller)
cc
Oh yeah, And Steve howe,hendrix,page,john mayall,Richie blackmore. yadayadayada
cc

[This message has been edited by cape chef (edited 11-20-2000).]

Latest posts

Top Bottom