Favorite work snack

Joined Feb 3, 2010
numenumenum :)

I don't end up snacking very much 'cause of the testing as I cook all day. A little nibble here, and little slurp there... it all adds up so that its difficult to sit down to a meal without already feeling full. Lately a lot of experimentation has had to be 'disposed of' and I can only get friends and family to eat so much...

I do get cravings every once in a while, in which case the bacon falls into jeopardy ( or any prepped meat, for that matter) or the cheese... whatever is quick and handy. When it wasn't my own kitchen I would just fix myself a small plate of salad greens topped with buttery sauted mushrooms.

Joined Dec 8, 1999
This is exactly what the bacon-wrapped mash are for. You don't eat a full meal because of the testing, so sometimes you get hungry in the middle of service. There's almost always bacon and mash on a lot of lines, so you make 2 little balls of mash, tear a piece of bacon in 2 and wrap the mash. All set!:smokin

Joined Jan 27, 2010
Walnuts are a tasty and highly nutrient dense food to snack on and can add flavor and crunch to a meal. They are an excellent source of omega-3 essential fatty acids and are also rich in vitamins and minerals that help us to stay healthy. 
Are high in poly and monounsaturated fats and especially linoleic and alpha-linolenic acid. Those two acids cannot be synthesized by our body and must be provided daily. They are called essential fatty acids. They are involved in the manufacture of certain hormones, part of the cell's membrane and they regulate the cholesterol. 5 walnuts (28 g) supply our daily needs in those acids.

Joined Jan 23, 2010
i usually eat what i am cooking, if it's soup i will have myself a cup of soup, anything else i will eat while also 'tasting', lots of tea and soda drinks too.

but seeing as all the staff at work get lunch and tea for free there's not much need to snack, whoever's working on the larder section gets to make whatever they want for staff tea

Joined Jan 27, 2010
My snack today would be peanuts , eating peanuts is fun, you cant eat peanuts while working. it is great !

Latest posts

Top Bottom