Favorite kind of muffinh

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by avocadosammich, Oct 4, 2003.

1. avocadosammich

avocadosammich

I am baking for a cafe and can only have 2 kinds of muffins. Since it is Fall, I am going to consistently have a pumpkin muffin. What do you think the other one should be?

2. pongi

pongi

As a customer and not a pastry chef, personally I'd opt for a chocolate muffin.
    BTW, would you mind sharing your recipe for pumpkin muffins? :lips:

Pongi

3. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Something with cranberries would be nice, too.

4. avocadosammich

avocadosammich

5. pongi

pongi

Thanks avocadosammich!
    I have just a batch of fresh pumpkin puree I was wondering what to do with. I'll give your recipe a try!

Pongi

6. gilbear

gilbear

So far, suggestions for chocolate and cranberries, which are both excellent choices. How about apple spice? Or, maybe, pear and almond? How about pecan raisin?
    I like the cranberries better if they are substituted for raisins in a bran muffin than on their own. I don't like the combination of cranberry with orange, either. But what do I know, I prefer beer.:beer: :beer:

7. chrose

chrose

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Cranberry with Walnuts and Orange is great. I am always partial to a Lemon Poppy Muffin. When I am in the mood for something healthier a nice Bran with Raisins is tasty. Blueberry with a sugar crust yum...
    Don't be afraid to be experimental either. Try a Banana or Date Muffin with a Cream Cheese Center, Mango etc.

8. isa

isa

My favourite is the Granny Smith & Pecan Muffin.