Favorite Food

Joined Jul 6, 2010
i love pasta, particularly,  spaghetti. :D

As to the soup, mushroom cream soup i like.

how about you mithunsingh? what's yours?

Joined Jan 5, 2007
I like Cock a Leekie or Partan Bree or Scotch Broth or pea&ham or....  I love soups - I've even been known to drink mulligatawny!

Joined Jan 23, 2010
I made a meal out of Watercress soup with Penne Pasta, small diced Saute potato and smoked bacon, it was beaut.

my favourite food is pasta, rice, complex carbohydrates. .. adding pasta to the watercress soup made for a very nice meal, plus garlic bread yummm!

Joined Mar 3, 2010
my favoriite is a nice borsh but i always like to eat  lentil soup they make at work, pasta e fagoli(italian soup with ditalini pasta), i actually been eating soup lately just saute some vegis and olives, dry tom. some tomato sauce and veal stock. can eat that with some bread. delicious im a fan of soups.

Joined Mar 9, 2010
I have a little soup nazi in me...

Mulligatawny

Lobster Bisque

Curried Butternut Squash

Tomato Florentine

Roasted Red Pepper

Cauliflower Red Pepper

Green Lentil

Leek & Potato

Carrot Orange

Jerusalem Artichoke

Watercress

Stracciatella

and my all time summer favs Gazpacho  or Mango Apple

I know this is carried away but I love soup!

Last edited:
Joined Nov 5, 2007
I like soup.  It has been about 100 degrees under blazing summer skies here in Utah, so hot soup has not been at the top of my list lately.  Maybe some sort of chilled watermelon raspberry soup...

I like onion soup, both the traditional french style and the sweet onion I make.  I like the simple hot broth, mushroom, soy sauce and green onion soups I whip up in about 5 minutes.  I like to make stocks that take many hours to develop..

Soup is good food.

mjb.

Joined Aug 11, 2000
borscht....love it with sour cream

winter squash puree, topped with lardons....hot or cold.....loving it cold in this high heatwave

gazpacho

Joined Aug 25, 2009
Shroom,

Love that soup.

also enjoy Vietnamese (pho #1), chicken and dumpling soup, cream of mushroom, cheddar......soft spot for avogolemono, tortilla, pumpkin and all melon soups including my fav. vanilla melon.

Last edited:
Joined Feb 13, 2008
Even if you can't call congee (aka juk aka rice porridge) soup, so what?  I like it heaps, but Linda is an absolute fanatic. 

So Shroom... what are some of your favorite congee "fillings?" 

Linda mostly gets chicken and black mushroom, but her favorite (from one restaurant and from me) is pork bones and dried bokchoy with a little XO on top.  My tastes are more adventurous.  We have a congee specialty place in Rowland that does a great frog -- actually printed as "flog" on the menu.  

I love all kinds of asian soups especially noodle soups.  Pho, tom ga gai, yentafo, that Cambodian one with fish and beans and chili, kidney and fish with noodles, handmade noodles and potherb, ramen of all sorts... Too many too name.  Too many favorites.

BDL

Last edited:
Joined Nov 1, 2009
I have a little soup nazi in me...

Mulligatawny

Lobster Bisque

Curried Butternut Squash

Tomato Florentine

Roasted Red Pepper

Cauliflower Red Pepper

Green Lentil

Leek & Potato

Carrot Orange

Jerusalem Artichoke

Watercress

Stracciatella

and my all time summer favs Gazpacho  or Mango Apple

I know this is carried away but I love soup!
OOO!!, Gypsy, you better be careful, Al doesn't like the N-word.  ;-)

Joined Nov 1, 2009
I have a seafood bisque recipe that I am rather fond of.  In fact, despite the heat, I'm doing it this weekend for some friends that are in town visiting.

Joined Nov 1, 2009
Who's Al? and what's the dealio?
Al Yeganeh.  He is the real life guy that the Seinfeld soup episode was based on.  He ran the International Soup Kitchen in Manhattan for many years.  People did indeed line up around the block for his soup, and he did indeed have those strict ordering rules.  He got very upset about being referred to as the Soup Nazi.  I think he is now in Europe marketing his soups for home use.

Last edited:
Joined Mar 9, 2010
Thanks Cyberdoc....never heard of the guy and would not want to be responsible for upsetting him ...never seen the Seinfeild show as I do not watch a lot television ...just alot of movies

Gypsy

Last edited:
Top Bottom