Favorite Chefs

Joined Jan 6, 2009
hi! I would have as my TOP # 3 My Husband is #1 #2 is Chef Robert Irvine #3 is Michael Chiarello,these are my top 3. I cant even,as a Prep cook,begin to aspire to the level as you all are.Maybe someday? You CHefs are great!

rat

Joined Mar 2, 2006
1 Rachel Ray
2 Jamie Oliver
3 Cat Cora

Oh, wait you asked about the BEST chefs, never mind.

Joined Aug 11, 2000
must have been a reason why I ignored this thread in 2002.....think think think.....nope still not solidifying in grey matter

Joined Apr 3, 2006
First would definitely be Thomas Keller. The guy looks so calm, and his food is simply amazing.

Second would be Masaharu Morimoto, simply because you can see the playfulness in his food. It is easy to see his personality through the food.

Third, Anthony Bourdain. He tells it how it is, and can eat everything without hesitation (duck foetus!!??).

Joined Nov 19, 2007
I love that only one person listed Adria. Innovative, yes. World's best Chef, maybe not.
Give me someone who can take all the nasty bits as Bourdain calls them and turn them into something truly sublime, and I'll show you the world's best Chef.
1. I love Bourdain because of and not in spite of his attitude, and his true love of local, traditional peasant food made with a five generation old recipe, and possible cooking vessel. I also love his celebration of what food is all about, tradition, culture, hospitality and love.
2. Michele Bras for the sheer beauty of his presentations.
3. Eric Ripert for the beautiful refinement he brings to otherwise rustic French country fare.

Joined Aug 8, 2007
living chefs only, and in no particular order: eric ripert, grant achatz, thomas keller, daniel boulud... i used to really dig marco pierre white, and ramsay as well... i dont really consider anthony bourdain a chef anymore, hes more of a writer with a background in cooking now. however he used to be one of my favourites. two chefs ive always admired and respected for doing something new but never really were my favourite were/are ferra adrian, and wiley dufresne.

lastly, i hope to be on someones list of favourites in the near future...

Joined Mar 28, 2008
I hear you on wanting to be on somebody's list one day... though it won't be "near" future for me. I have a long way to go.

Joined Aug 8, 2007
same here, although i would love for it to happen overnight, history tells me its going to be a long way from here before that happends.

Joined Jan 4, 2009
Ok I know I am going to get crap for this but I don't care.

Even though she says she is not a chef, only a cook. I still say she's a chef and she is one of my top 3:

Rachel Ray
(shut up, quit laughing i like her)

Ok my second is the executive chef for Willow Valley Resorts, in PA:

Chef Chad Jajczyk

And my third but nowhere the least. He was formally of the Savoy and is now the the Director of the culinary program at York Technical Institute in PA:

Chef Robert Poulton

Ok those are my top three, just don't tell my Momma or my Pops I didn't include them; I would never hear the end of it.

(GREAT!! I had my wife proof read this and she says what about me?! I can boil water like nobody's business)

Joined Feb 13, 2015
I'm still a bit new to the scene and learning who all the good chefs are so cut me some slack if this is a bad list.

1. Dan Barber

2. Thomas Keller

3. Massimo Bottura

Joined Jan 10, 2016

I'm still a bit new to the scene and learning who all the good chefs are so cut me some slack if this is a bad list.

1. Dan Barber

2. Thomas Keller

3. Massimo Bottura
I wouldn't worry about that, it's about who YOUR favorite chef is!

I would say:
#1 Sean Brock

#2 Massimo Bottura

#3 Dan Barber and the likes.

I really like that we have a lot of new chefs pushing for better food quality then the mass produced garbage that is all around us today.

Joined Feb 13, 2015
Yes, I've noticed that. There is a lot of chefs turning away from all the crap processed foods.

Latest posts

Top Bottom