favor cookware?

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by chloe23, Apr 4, 2002.

1. chloe23

chloe23

I've done an extensive research on different cookwares and have recently purchased an All Clad MC2 cookware set for a great price. [Great price for All Clad but still expensive compared to other brand :( ]Anyhow, my question to everyone is what kind of cookware do you like and use, and why? I know that All Clad is well known among the professional chefs and they are great to use. I use mine and absolutely love it :) But there are other brands like Calphanon, Le Creuset and etc. out there that are also good too. So when cooking and using one of these cookware, does the food really tastes better with a good cookware? I know some cookware heats better, but I honestly can't tell whether the food tastes better or not. Maybe I haven't cook enough to know the different?

Any opinions are welcome :)

2. mudbug

mudbug

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    Hello chloe23,

Welcome to ChefTalk!

Please refer to the following thread Buying Cookware. If you have any further questions, it may be best to post your question there.

;)

3. kokopuffs

kokopuffs

Exp:
    Home Cook
    If you insist on All Clad, go to OUTLETS ONLINE for seemingly good prices.

4. chloe23

chloe23

Thanks cchiu for the link. I guess I must've missed that post.

5. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I have a fantasy pan, but I don't think it exists. An aluminum or copper core stainless steel pan with non-stick ceramic coated sides on the inside, but not the bottom cooking surface.

That way it develops a great fond, but when deglazing and reducing, it doesn't stick to the sides of the pan, wasting flavor.

Might not really work well as it's just a fantasy.

Phil