Fast (quick) casual restaurants

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by jjasonwt, Oct 4, 2002.

1. jjasonwt

jjasonwt

Has anybody done any research or work in a fast casual restaurant and can you help me with some information on how to attract people and make it run smoothly. maybe some ideas for menu items that are quick and work well. anything will help. i am helping somebody with some r and d and I need any info i can get. you can even email me at [email protected]. thanks so much

2. paisan

paisan

What kinds of meats, poultry, seafood are you using now, or what are you allowed to order? Let us know how far you can go and we will be able to be of a bit more help.

Ciao.....paisan

3. jjasonwt

jjasonwt

We have stuff like chicken, turkey, and we are going to use charbroiled ribeyes. We are focusing on healthy cuisine. but not completely. We can use anything. Not really seafood though. Please help!

4. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Yes, shrimp, shrimp, and more shrimp. :) 31-40's...

Do you mind if we post suggestions here? It'll do us a lot more good if everyone could read it.

Kuan

5. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Well, many things fall under the "fast casual" concept. First of all, how many seats is the restaurant? Is it full service or limited service? Who is your target market, ie., fast casual upscale, fast casual family, fast casual upscale family? Is it a themed restaurant? What kind of BOH structure are you going to have? Chef/Manager, KM, GM/KM?

Kuan