Ex Employee getting name taken off the menu

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by eyespy3017, Feb 22, 2010.

1. eyespy3017

eyespy3017

I recently ended my tenure with an establishment, I really would like to have my name taken off of the menu. I have asked the General Manager now for over 2 1/2 weeks to no avail. Contacting the owner will not do any good either, what is or is there protocol on getting my name removed? First time I had to think about it, so I really dont know!!

2. greyeaglem

greyeaglem

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Tell them it's your name and since you are no longer employed there, they are not allowed to use it in any way. I imagine you could get into a legal battle over it, but if you didn't sign anything saying they had any right to use your name, then I'm pretty sure they don't. I guess I wouldn't care unless it's some kind of dive that's on the rocks that could make you look bad. If it's a decent place, it's just more publicity for you.

3. eyespy3017

eyespy3017

Thank you for the shout!, Its not a dive by any means and I have weighed the good aspects, but speaking with current employees there( who see it from a BOH stand point and understand it) it isnt up to past standards... Than I started to look at the the glass half empty ...

4. pembroke

pembroke

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Is it reasonable to expect menus to be reprinted allowing this change?
    If it's a weekly menu printed in-house on card, that's one thing.
    If the menus are done by a printer at considerable cost that it might be reasonable to expect a short wait between menus??

Pembroke.