European Certification?

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by ellen kosicki, Jul 16, 2002.

1. ellen kosicki

ellen kosicki

I am trying to find out what European certifications exist for culinary or culinary/hospitality professionals (e.g., a European equivalent of the AFC). I am interested in a supra-European accreditation, not in one that exists at any particular country level. The only thing I am aware of is of course the Cordon Bleu and its various Diplomes and certificates. CAN ANYONE HELP?

I am also interested in corresponding with culinary professionals in Europe, particularly if they are American transplants and/or have very strong business (e.g., MBA-type) backgrounds.

Hoping to hear soon!

Ellen
    [email protected]

2. culinarian247

culinarian247

I know of MOF (Meilleur Ouvrier de France) and HAAC certifications. HAAC is in Germany and MOF in France (I think)

3. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello Ellen, and welcome to Chef Talk. I'm sure you'll get lots of good feedback, especially when the regulars in the Inside Scoop forum see your post. I'll move it there, as that's a better topic forum for it.

We're glad to have you aboard, and hope you'll browse through all the forums- and don't miss the archives for even more great stuff!

Mezzaluna
    Welcome Forum moderator