English tea and cake recipes wanted

Joined Jul 7, 2020
Hi there
Anyone know any recipe book or stuff that would give a few recipies for doing cakes that people would eat around 3pm in between lunch and evening dinner?
Thanks

Joined May 5, 2010
I have done "High Tea" For that I made Petit Fours, mini French pastries, and small cookies.
If you're looking for something high brow, you could make small batches of cakes or bars, cut into 1" x 1" pieces. Small cream puffs, chocolate dipped strawberries, even small fruit kabobs would work. They key is to keep each offering small.

Joined Jul 7, 2020
For that I made Petit Fours, mini French pastries, and small cookies.
If you're looking for something high brow, you could make small batches of cakes or bars, cut into 1" x 1" pieces. Small cream puffs, chocolate dipped strawberries, even small fruit kabobs would work. They key is to keep each offering small.
yes that kind of thing. Have you any recipes please?

Joined Dec 29, 2019
Usually a 3 tier presentation..
It starts with finger sandwiches, then scones and pastry on the top .
No tea bags please.

Joined Jul 7, 2020
When you say finger sandwiches, do you mean slicing them to 1/2" thick. What would be a good foods to use in the sanwiches

Any scones and pastry recipies please?

Joined Oct 9, 2008
Look at the website for The Great British Bake Off. Not a joke. Lots of recipes for this sort of thing there.

Joined Jul 7, 2020
Look at the website for The Great British Bake Off. Not a joke. Lots of recipes for this sort of thing there.
I have not watched TV for over 10 years now; but that looks to be a channel 4 TV show
And the site dose show a lot of recipies that one could be there for a long time

Thanks

Joined May 5, 2010
Burnt Bager....I took Pullman loaves of white and wheat bread, had them sliced horizontally, The ends are saved for another purpose. I spread things like egg salad, ham salad, cucumber and watercress with cream cheese. I avoided strong flavors like tuna salad, or strong cheeses. You then make the sandwich, cut off the crusts and slice into rectangles.
I did things like taking that sandwich idea and making 3-4 layered sandwiches then frosting the whole thing in a thinned out cream cheese/Boursin "frosting."
Small fruit trays, cheese, trays, cookies.
I'll take a recipe for Mississippi Mud Cake, add Bourbon to the recipe and prepare a half sheet pan. Once cooled, I spread chocolate Ganache on top, cut them into small bars then place them in mini paper muffin cups. Stuff like that.
The key is that everything is top notch. Good luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom