eggplant prosciutto rolls

Joined Mar 4, 2000
Hi all-
I am catering a party tomorrow, for which I made rolls of roasted eggplant, prosciutto, and sour cream. Frankly, they're bland and lacking in texture and color, and I'm at a loss. These are self-serve HDs, so I'd like it simple. Please no tied chives or scallions. Thanks for any ideas. :)

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Hi Momo,

How about brushing them with evoo, then rolling them in chopped toasted pistachios, lemon zest, mint and chives. Then stick a toothpick with a garbanzo bean on it.Add some tahini and roast red pepper to your sour cream?

Joined Mar 4, 2000
Thanks for the reply, cc :)

I have nuts in 2 other dishes, but I like your idea. I think I'll do that with toasted sesames instead. The garbanzo bean is fun too!! You're the man. :chef:

Joined Sep 21, 2001
They sound bland. To me, the only flavors you have there are sour and salt. It needs more flavor to bind it together. I love eggplant and we eat it often. It has little or no flavor by itself. When I prepare it, I either cook it then season it or flavor before cooking with marinade or spices to make it taste like something. To the sour cream I would add some ground pepper and nutmeg, maybe even a TINY bit of cardomon and garlic. And then roll them in oil and finish them with something herby like chervil. Good luck however you end up doing them. Happy Holidays.

Joined Mar 4, 2000
Sprayed some EVO on 'em, rolled them in toasted sesames and chopped chives (and the tiniest hint of lemon zest. I HAD to use CCs garbanzo bean idea too. I was going to drizzle them with tahini, but decided not to in the end.

Top Bottom