"Edible Gift"

Joined Feb 26, 2007
Ish - we have Werther's here too...I can't get enough of them when the urge takes me there. Bet yours are better though :smiles:

Home made treats beat others hands down. Great ideas in the thread.
Sure you can go buy someone something from the shop - but if you have the time and resources - it's lovely.

I organised bath towels one year for all the nieces and nephews with their first names on them. No, I didn't make them, and I didn't embroider them myself. (Time was very short that year). But they were personal enough and as far as I could tell, they were appreciated :)

Joined Mar 21, 2008
Some of my friends who can take the heat are getting some of my homemade chili powder blend along with a recipe I have used for years to make chili.

Joined Dec 1, 2009
Do you make all the jerky yourself? I suppose dryed fish would work also. Great idea!

Joined Aug 21, 2009
I do alot of baking and I give it to friends and neighbours. This year I've added a new neighbour to my list. Our oldest is a brain tumor survivor and he had his surgery in January of 2008, and when Christmas came around, the sweet little Italian lady he would shovel snow for came to the door with a plate of her own homemade cookies for us and to ask about him and how he is doing. So this year I will be giving her a plate of cookies too.

Joined Aug 21, 2009
I used to get homemade gifts as a kid for Christmas and I loved it. The best gift I had ever gotten was a bright orange sweater that my grandma knitted for me. I wore that until it fell apart! She knitted two beautiful sweaters for my kids when theywere small and they loved them I think as much as I loved my orange sweater growing up. My mother in law has knitted sweaters for my kids, as well as sewn things for them and they love the stuff Oma makes.

Joined Mar 21, 2008
I make jerky quite often. This time of year makes it easier to cold smoke then I transfer the jerky to the dehydrator to dry it down. Make sure you use a cure when making jerky!

Top Bottom