Eating good in Vegas

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by westbigballin, Feb 12, 2015.

1. westbigballin

westbigballin

Exp:
    Line Cook
    I'm heading to Vegas in a few short weeks and I'm trying to nail down all of my meals so that I can make the most of them.

I've already booked a spot for myself at é by José Andrés, which I absolutely can't wait for.

99% sure that I will also have dinner at L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon by way of the seasonal tasting menu

Besides that, my itinerary is pretty open. Any recommendations for other restaurants or insight/past experiences on é and L'Atelier? I won't be spending much money clubbing as I will be there on the weekdays, and I won't gamble too much as I do not want to get addicted again, and I will be driving so most of my booze expenses will be covered.

2. jellly

jellly

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Some of the best new restaurants to open are just off the Strip, in Chinatown. Chada Thai, Omae, Yonaka, Izakaya Go,Raku/ Sweet Raku.
    A few others to check out: Sage, dB Brasserie, Bouchon has an amazing brunch, Mizumi.
    The weather is beautiful right now, we just hit a few record highs. Have a great trip!

3. jim berman

jim berman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I had the pleasure of eating at L'Atelier... one of my most memorable meals. I did a 14-course tasting that lasted hours. Certainly not something you want to do frequently, but a great experience. 

Don't forego 'off Strip' places. Perhaps some locals in the LV area can chime in.