dvance prep for wonton ravioli

Joined Apr 19, 2001
I thought there was a discussion on this a while ago - Shroom? - but couldn't find it.

I'm making wild mushroom/jack cheese raviolis using wontons, with a fire-roasted onion sauce, for my Quattro de Mayo dinner Saturday. Question is, I'd love to assemble the ravs Sat. morning, and was thinking of covering them with a damp towel and plastic so they wouldn't dry out. Does doing this turn them to mush? The filling and sauce I can do Friday, no sweat.

Joined Jan 5, 2001
Marm, we just avoid the headache and uncertainty: we make tons in advance and freeze them. I don't know how jack cheese freezes though. We make ours with shrooms and goat cheez.

We also cheat and use wonton wrappers. :)

Joined Apr 19, 2001
Cool! That means I can make them even earlier in the week and not have the last minute hassle! I think the jack cheese would be okay - but I'll do a 'test' one first, to be sure. Thanks!

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001
Yes, wonton raviolis freeze well, but if you do get stuck making them the day before, don't use a damp towel. As you make them lay a dry towel over them to protect them from the air, and wrap them as soon as possible, in plastic. A damp towel will cause them to stick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom