dumb question re muffin pan liners

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by gerdosh, Apr 22, 2010.

1. gerdosh

gerdosh

Exp:
    Food Writer
    To ease cleanup, I started using muffin pan liners. I tried several kinds but all seem to stick stubbornly to muffins. The solution is worse than the original problem. Is there a trick here I am missing?

2. siduri

siduri

Exp:
    At home cook
    Gerdosh, I'm glad you asked that.  I solved it once greasing the papers, but that is a royal pain! 

I await the magic reply.......

3. nichole

nichole

Exp:
    Restaurant Manager
    Does non-stick spray work for muffins?  Im not much of a cook and would like to try baking if the muffins wont stick! 

4. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
     Spray paper liners lightly with pam or pan spray, they should not stick. Do not try to remove while hot or even warm let cake set.

5. jock

jock

Exp:
    At home cook
    I made some chocolate cup cakes a couple of weeks ago. I used liners because I wa taking them to a friends house. I saw these "green" liners at Whole Foods - 100% recycled materials and labeled non stick. And guess what - they were!! Cup cakes came out clean as you'd like. The brand name is "If You Care".

6. gerdosh

gerdosh

Exp:
    Food Writer
    Thank you -- these should help!

7. charron

charron

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    another option, if you like, is silicone muffin liners.  They are sold at the dollar store.  I've never had a problem with them sticking, and they wash up easily for reuse.

8. kcz

kcz

Exp:
    Home Cook
    The paper ones all stick but the aluminum foil ones always peel right off for me.