Drummin' Up Dishes

Joined Feb 12, 2010
My family has been hounding me for the longest time to create a family recipe book. So I started one but it has been a lot of work gathering, organizing, and typing all those recipes and I keep adding to the collection. Then there is the expense of the binders and printing. Well, as I was going through the process, I heard about Julie and Julia and thought, what a wonderful way to catalog my recipes to be available anytime, anywhere, to anyone. The best part is that I wouldn't have to create another cookbook as I keep adding recipes. I only share the recipes that are favorites with friends, family and co-workers. I have been having a blast sharing stores about family, friends, and events that are related to the recipes, check it out.
DrumminUpDishes.wordpress.com
Happy Baking
The Late Baker

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Hi Late Baker, and welcome!

Collecting and publishing family recipes is a priceless task for your family. I have a hundred or so old and crumbling file cards with recipes written in my grandmother's and my mom's hands, which makes them doubly precious. I hope you find a way to scan in such treasures.

Have a look around at the site and browse to your heart's content. We're about to switch to a different format, but you'll find it's a friendly one.

Enjoy!
Mezzaluna

Joined Jan 30, 2010
I would love to make a book of all of my mother and grandmothers recipes! I think that will be a good project for me to start on...such a great idea!

Also, Julie and Julia....just "loved it"!

Joined Feb 12, 2010
I am having a blast posting the recipes. I am remembering events when we shared special recipes, at least I thought they were special. This will also memorialize family history for my children. My children are grown and have their own lives, so I have the time to prepare the recipes and post them. This has been a wonderful way to pass on the recipes and give them access any time, any where.

I wish you the best when you start, I know your family and friends will appreciate what you are willing to share.

drummin up dishes
The Late Baker

Joined Jan 30, 2010
Thank you! Good luck with yours as well. :)

I agree, this is something that can be passed, shared and enjoyed!

Joined Feb 12, 2010
I see we are both new at this. Technology is amazing, isn't it? I like the fact that you can post information in one place and several people have access to the data. Makes keeping up and intouch with several people easier. I also get to keep up with friend of my children, extra nice.

Drummin up dishes
The Late Baker

Top Bottom