Chef Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Where do you order the Dry Mix from? Also I am planning on opening a donut shop and I was wondering if you could answer questions from time to time. I really need an insider to help me. 

Thanks 

so, caterchef
according to your post:

(Cake Donut

Source: Belshaw Bros. Inc

3 3/4 pounds sugar3 fluid ounces shortening1 pound egg yolks4 1/2 pounds milk7 pounds flour1 1/2 ounces baking soda3 ounces cream of tartar12 ounces potato flour1/2 ounce salt1/8 ounce mace

Beat the sugar, eggs,flavoring and salt together until stiff,gradually adding the melted shortening,then milk,pour the beaten mixture in flour and baking powder (which has been well sifted) into the bowl.Deep fry at 375 degrees. )

1. may i know the percentage of the water? proportion of the flour?

2. the cream of tar-tar is a "must"?

it will be very helpful..

now iam using "china brand" like mark II... ^_^

Hello, I am based in France, and have a mini-donut machine, I have tried the belshaw recipy and it was really good, I have dry egg yolks an dry non fat milk. Has anyone tried it yet? I find it a little too sweet, but if I take off some sugar, will it affect the final consistency ?

Hi all
Is it essential to put potato flour in the mix and did you test your robot machines because I m new in the business and I can not import dry mix to my robot
May someone help me please

Dear Sean Denny. I have seen this brand use many times in Concession Trailer and have never heard of any complaint's. Highly Recommended!

Ken Dailey.

"Dawn Majestic Vanilla Cake Donut Mix Stover & Co.com"

Great Product Review by Chad (This is not me).
Quality
Price
Value
This cake donuts mix delivers a very rich vanilla flavored cake donut when paired with super fry shortening. I use this mix when serving mini donuts from my concession trailer and have never had a single complaint. (Posted on 6/22/14)!
[h1]Dawn Majestic Cake Donut Mix - 50 lbs[/h1]
$64.23

In stock

1 Review(s) | Add Your Review

Dawn Majestic Vanilla Cake Donut Mix - 50 lbs.

I dont know if you managed to find a good recipe for making donuts from sratch....

i m pasting one from my culinary course here unde r

Doughnuts

Sponge formula

500g flour

344g water

30g yeast

Final dough

950g flour

624g eggs

24g salt

860g sponge formula

300g sugar

312g butter

Do not mix yeast with salt, separate them.

Let me know if you managed to find a good donut recipe.

Hello, I am based in France, and have a mini-donut machine, I have tried the belshaw recipy and it was really good, I have dry egg yolks an dry non fat milk. Has anyone tried it yet? I find it a little too sweet, but if I take off some sugar, will it affect the final consistency ?
Hello Aligator!
I am from France but living in Colombia! I have a cake donut depositor but have not been able to find the proper formula adapted to this machine. Would you mind sharing the one your are using in France? I don't have access to dry mix here. Thanks a lot.

Hello Aligator!
I am from France but living in Colombia! I have a cake donut depositor but have not been able to find the proper formula adapted to this machine. Would you mind sharing the one your are using in France? I don't have access to dry mix here. Thanks a lot.
I wouldn't expect to hear back from Aligator. Their post was made in 2014 and they only posted 3 times and haven't been back since. Hopefully, someone else will be able to help you out.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.