Doyon vs Bakemax Dough Sheeters

Joined Oct 10, 2020
Chefs,

Looking for opinion if Doyon is truly worth the cost. We are cake and pastry operation and looking for a reversible dough sheeter. Shopping Katom and looking at options. The Doyon is quite pricey. There are Bakemax options. All opinions welcome.

chefpeon

Kitchen Dork
Joined Jun 15, 2006
Although I've never used a Doyon, in all my experience with different types of sheeters, I think even if you buy the cheaper one, it will still be a fine sheeter. Even the sh**ty sheeters aren't that bad because compared to rolling out by hand, anything is better. Apparently, the newer sheeters have some electronic bells and whistles that add to convenience, but in my book, more bells and whistles just mean more things to repair. Electronics really don't fare well in a bakery environment I've found.

Joined Dec 29, 2019
Although I've never used a Doyon, in all my experience with different types of sheeters, I think even if you buy the cheaper one, it will still be a fine sheeter. Even the sh**ty sheeters aren't that bad because compared to rolling out by hand, anything is better. Apparently, the newer sheeters have some electronic bells and whistles that add to convenience, but in my book, more bells and whistles just mean more things to repair. Electronics really don't fare well in a bakery environment I've found.
We used a pizza rolling machine, very fast but better than doing it by hand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom