Does anyone cook to Bocelli?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by starryeyezmel, Feb 10, 2006.

1. starryeyezmel

starryeyezmel

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hi everyone,
    I work for UMVD and got the new Andrea Bocelli album Amore. It is fantastic and has become my number one listened to CD while cooking. I especially love it during Italian night. Does anyone else enjoy Bocelli playing in the background while cooking??

2. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    I might if I liked that kind of music, but that's not my thing. ;) At home I like having jazz or classical on the radio or CD player. When I cooked in professional kitchens, though, I preferred silence, the better to concentrate. (Although I admit to putting fast-pased Latin Jazz on my portable CD player to get the prep cooks to work faster. :lol: )

3. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    UMVD?
    Record distribution?
    Andrea will be preforming at the closing of the Olympics?
    Italian night?

4. starryeyezmel

starryeyezmel

Exp:
    At home cook
    Sounds like someone is a Bocelli fan. Rumor has it that he might perform "Because We Believe"... I guess we'll see. You don't have Italian night??? Me and my roomates love pasta, lasagna, and spaghetti sooo we had to reserve a night for it because it is afterall high in carbs which do to a New Year's Resolution we have to cut back on :(

5. gonefishin

gonefishin

Exp:
    At home cook
    Ahhh...nothing like the sound of Dino playing in the background. But my favorites are jazz. From standards to orchestral jazz :)

dan

6. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    it's saturday morn. I've been in for a while. We're going to get slammed for v day.( From the younger ones) " we need some of your progressive stuff"
    I can hear Chic Corea and Stanley Clark through the walls. I let em blast till we open. opps sorry fusion stuff
    Just had to add, I can now here Parliment

7. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Starryeyezmel,
    An Italian nite is a great idea. We usually have an American or Tex-Mex night since most all of our meals are Italian:)
    The first thing I do as soon as I see I'm going to hit traffic is pull out Romanza. It's getting so worn.I enjoy all Tenors. I've listened to some of Amore, but haven't picked it up yet.
    It bugs me when I go to an moderately upscale Italian restaurant and hear the Italian musak songs instead of something like Bocelli.
    panini

8. glwanabe

glwanabe

Exp:
    At home cook
    Rock and Roll. Usually "Rush" or other classic rock. Music and cooking are my two hobbies.