Does Anybody here have Maida Heatter's Cakes Cookbook ?

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by keelenorth, Jun 5, 2012.

1. keelenorth

keelenorth

I would really like the fig bread recipe if anyone has  Please

2. jcakes

jcakes

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Do you remember which book it is in?  There is a fig quick bread (baked in a loaf pan) in the New Book of Great Desserts - is that the one you are looking for?  I have all of her books so if that's not the one you are thinking of, I can look for another type or version....

3. keelenorth

keelenorth

Hi Jc would you be able to post that recipes for me ?  The Fig Bread

4. chicagoterry

chicagoterry

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Have you tried checking the library for the book the recipe is in? It is against the rules of the forum to post copyrighted recipes, and, even though it's an older book, copyrights last a very long time. If someone does post it for you, it will probably just get taken down.

5. keelenorth

keelenorth

Oh I didnt know that about posting the copy right recipes I mean .Our local library does not have the book .Thank -you though for the info

6. siduri

siduri

Exp:
    At home cook
    Just to clarify - is it against the rules of the forum to copy someone's copyrighted recipe and post it as your own, or is it also against the rules to post a recipe with full credits to the source?  I think a single recipe out of a book is a great publicity for the book itself, if anything -  and you can even quote from sources in academic papers where plagiarism is enough to destroy a career, as long as you cite it properly, giving credit to the author.  Plagiarism is one thing, and sharing a recipe from a book, giving credit to the book, is another.  Could one of the moderators answer this please?