Disney or not Disney?

Discussion in 'Culinary Externships / Internships' started by born4pastry, Aug 8, 2013.

1. born4pastry

born4pastry

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    so i'm half way into my pastry degree and i'm looking into internships. I have always been intriged by disney, because its DISNEY (big disney fan), but im not sure i'm a pastry student and if i go i want to be in a pastry related enviornment and i say this because i have been getting mixed reviews on the program. some say its perfect others say not so much. can anyone give me some input?

2. stevenmundial

stevenmundial

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I will give this a shot… I am NO pastry Chef lets start there… BUT many years ago I got direction to learn about pastry so I got a job with the Mouse from 4am till 1pm and then I went to work my line job from 3-11 I did this for a year. I can tell you I learned a TON and I mean a ton they treated me well moved me around every month so I learned. I did this at the Disney Hotel in Anaheim and the pastry chef at that time was a guy named Carl Wurtz I was impressed by the guys skills. Good Luck…

3. brandon odell

brandon odell

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    I had a chef working for me for awhile that interned at Disney. It helped her a lot. She learned more about pastry at Disney than she did at culinary school.

4. chefspen

chefspen

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    I have a friend who has had many good things to say about Disney and the experience to be gotten there. Also, the culinary program I am completing has sent people there. I think you'll do great where ever you go.