Devon Clotted Cream; any ideas?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by gonefishin, May 12, 2006.

1. gonefishin

gonefishin

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hi all :)

I've got my first little bottle of Devon clotted cream. So far I've made some blueberry crepes topped with a spoonfull of cream (mmm...mmmm good).

Has anyone got any other ideas for clotted cream? I just got some strawberries...but aside from that...anything else?

thanks!
    dan

2. crazytatt

crazytatt

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Being a BDA born and bred boy...umm,TEA SCONES! No scone is complete w/out it!.......besides that, it is great when cut w/ a little lemon curd, and use like butter on all things spreadable.

3. jeebus

jeebus

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    It makes a **** of an ice cream as well if you ever have the ability to do so.

4. cheri

cheri

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    You can eat it like I do when no ones looking...straight from the jar!:eek:

5. gonefishin

gonefishin

Exp:
    At home cook
    hehe...that is certainly the first thing that popped into my head :) I like the lemon curd spread suggestion...thanks

Do you have any info on how to do this? or a recipe? Can it be done in small small quantities. I would imagine it would make an unbelievable ice cream!

LOL :lol: I couldn't help myself...I had to even when someone was looking ;) (it was a clean spoon)

Well...I ended up taking the rest of it to work and made some strawberry crepes. They not only looked nice...but tasted good as well.

thanks all! I'll look into the suggestions next time I pick some up :D

dan