Chef Forum banner

Deviled eggs

6K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  chrislehrer 
#1 ·
I am currently a newly promoted sous chef at my restaurant, we have a delicious kimchi deviled egg dish on our menu. Was interested if any of you chefs had another good recipe to possibly run as a special for deviled eggs

#2 ·
Welcome to ChefTalk.

Here's my favorite.......
Boil the eggs as per usual. Peel, halve, and remove yolks. Make the yolk mixture with Wasabi, mayonnaise, salt, and whatever fresh herb you have around. I love fresh dill.
Take whites and dredge them in seasoned flour, egg wash, then Panko bread crumbs. Deep fat fry until golden brown.
Now pipe or scoop the yolk mixture into the freshly fried whites....serve...

#4 ·

Something I am going to try this weekend - it's a Jacques Pepin idea - Pan-crisped deviled eggs on french lettuces. Look like usual filling for eggs: musard/garlic/minced onion/flat leaf parsley/milk/mayo/vinegar. When the eggs are stuffed, cook the eggs gently in a hot skillet, stuffed side down, until crisp. Serve them on a bed of greens with a dressing of mustard, oil, milk, vinegar, left over egg stuffing. I love the sound of this!

#5 ·
Something I am going to try this weekend - it's a Jacques Pepin idea - Pan-crisped deviled eggs on french lettuces. Look like usual filling for eggs: musard/garlic/minced onion/flat leaf parsley/milk/mayo/vinegar. When the eggs are stuffed, cook the eggs gently in a hot skillet, stuffed side down, until crisp. Serve them on a bed of greens with a dressing of mustard, oil, milk, vinegar, left over egg stuffing. I love the sound of this!
He calls these Oeufs Jeannette, after his mother, who served them often. The recipe should be on line. It's excellent, but two caveats:
1. The garlic is effectively raw, so a light touch is necessary. It might be interesting with roasted garlic, though.
2. The things can stick like heck. You'll need your thinnest spatula if you're going to keep the pretty brown crust. I wonder if a quick zap under a salamander might work better, though you'd need to use a cold pan to keep the eggs from getting too warm.

#14 ·
Welcome to ChefTalk.

Here's my favorite.......
Boil the eggs as per usual. Peel, halve, and remove yolks. Make the yolk mixture with Wasabi, mayonnaise, salt, and whatever fresh herb you have around. I love fresh dill.
Take whites and dredge them in seasoned flour, egg wash, then Panko bread crumbs. Deep fat fry until golden brown.
Now pipe or scoop the yolk mixture into the freshly fried whites....serve...
I can't even imagine but I will be trying tomorrow! :)

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.