desert decorator

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by zammits, Oct 3, 2012.

1. zammits

zammits

Exp:
    At home cook
    hi everyone I need a desert decorator as the one that i have now is a plastic one from "Prestige",it is good so far,but at the moment I am using it too often and it is very hard to push so i was wondering if anyone could help me find something which could be easier to use,i can't use a softer mix then i'm using cause then there would be problems with baking and so on.SO PLEEEEEASE ANYHELP?I have my hands in pain all the time after using it.

2. flipflopgirl

flipflopgirl

Exp:
    Retired Hospitality
    I am not a huge Wilton fan, but do realize that they have set the standard with innovative and inexpensive decorating tools and easy to follow recipes for the home baker.

That said, here is a link to the piping bag section.

They also provide a very user friendly site with lots of ideas.

Personally, I would not bother with their online store as most of the items are offered for sale at Hobby Lobby and WalMart.

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/de...71BF3&fid=3E305C6C-475A-BAC0-57641CE8758C8B13

*If you are interested they also sponsor basic decorator classes (nominal fee, as the instructor will push you to purchase your tools at their store) that are supposed to be quite good.

mimi

3. zammits

zammits

Exp:
    At home cook
    many thanks dear the problem is i am from malta so many of the things said don't apply here unfortunatley but thanks for you opinion and link

4. asamoahrita

asamoahrita

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    i want to no why to decorator a cake

5. petalsandcoco

petalsandcoco

Exp:
    Private Chef
    Zammits,

Are you situated near Hamrun or Valletta ?

Petals.

6. zammits

zammits

Exp:
    At home cook
    no near but here in malta you can get anywhere in no time,why?are you from malta?

7. petalsandcoco

petalsandcoco

Exp:
    Private Chef
    I was just wondering ...maybe if you contacted The Cake Shop , they could assist you as to where you can get your baking supplies.

Hamrun : (356) 2755-1155

Valletta : (356) 2723-4156

If you go off the Island , well you are so close to Sicily....I am just thinking out loud here....

Petals.

8. zammits

zammits

Exp:
    At home cook
    sorry i couldn't understand well your msg